discouragement - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 07-17-2007, 10:42 AM

less than $600. one of my friends son bought the diamond rapture. he got it set up with half a dozen arrows for $500 bucks. he seems very happy with the bow too. ive shot and was quite impressed myself. got any bow shops near you? go shoot a few of them in your price range and see what feels best for ya. then your choice is easy. it dont matter what brand it is as long as it does the job and you like the feel and ease of use. hope that helps a little
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Scrub Buck

thank you.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:06 AM
B&C 180 Class

dont get caught up in the how much weight i can pull trap.A lot of people think the more i can pull the better the bow.a45# bow will kill any deer walking the planet.the avg draw weight is 62#'s people buy 70#and tune it down.A heavier draw will cause to you to strain and shake .My advice for what bow to buy would be this go to a store or pro shop ask questions try the bows see how they feel hopefully they will let you shoot them,most wont.get fitted for the bow draw length and poundage.Dont worry bout names find the one that fits you right,some have thick/ thin grips are you gonna be stalking ,sitting in a tree ,box blind,,?you need to get the right length ,i like a shorter bow.others prefer long limbs.Your going to be spending alot of money so spend wisely.ask tons of questions if the salesman becomes annoyed find another store your going to need service at least once a year ask about that.Im sure other guys will bring up other points i havent had my coffee yet.DONT RUSH INTO IT .Your most likely gonna be shooting this bow for a long time to come
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 07-18-2007, 11:05 AM

hey joel it dont sound like you need the coffee. very good points of advice for you browningbuck. i did not see anything i could add to that one
Old 07-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Scrub Buck

thanks i decided ill buy a bow that goes up to 55 and is perfect length so i can use it at a lower weight also if i need too
Old 07-18-2007, 05:28 PM
B&C 180 Class

great ,what one did you go with?
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 07-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Scrub Buck

im not sure what it is bc im buying it from one of the ppl i go to 3d shoots with but its nice ive seen it but it doesnt matter to me what the brand is but its 100 dollars for the bow peep silencers arrow rest quiver case and sights
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 PM
B&C 180 Class

i hear ya !have ya shot it?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Scrub Buck

ya i have and its a beaute it pulls and shoots smoothly if helps my tendancy to twitch my wrist to the right the let off is just enough and at 30 yards a robin hooded an arrow and thats pretty good for me bc im 15 and have only been shooting for about half a season
Old 07-19-2007, 07:01 PM
B&C 180 Class

way to go the twitch was probably from shooting to heavy a draw weight