Deer Hunting Forums banner

Sprotsman Warehouse??

5K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 · (Edited)
Sportsman Warehouse??

any of yall ever used these guys. i got a buddy that just bought his first bow and needs to have it set up to fit him. sportsman warehouse says they do it for free so im thinkin we might swing by there tomorrow evening and let them help him out. i might even buy a few things for myself. i could probably use a new string

#2 ·
none around here got a gander mt and locals,dicks also

#4 ·
they were pretty good. i bet they worked with us for about an hour and a half. and it was all free of charge. matter fact i did not even spend a dime there. the guy retwisted by bow string and i played around with the chronograph for the majority of the time. he spent alot of time with 1 guy that went with us adjusting his draw length, poundage of pull and such and just making the bow fit him. no charge also. there prices on most bow equipment was cheaper than bass pro shop as far as i could tell. we had a good trip.

#5 ·
good customer service like that is hard to find you should make em your regular store:thumbup:

#7 ·
make one trip a month or something like that good rainy saturday project

#8 ·
yeah there was 3 of us that went and we pretty much already have everything we need for bow season. so if i can get a group together each time we can split the gas and go a couple times a year and just stock up each time we go. there prices were a million times lower than our local guys. and they beat bass pro gander mountain on most things.

#12 ·
well after i did all that bragging on them they may have messed something up. the guy that just bought his first used bow had to have quite a bit of stuff adjusted. so they worked with his bow awhile. after there final adjustment he probably shot it 10 or so times at the store. when he got home the next day he pulled it out of the case and shot a couple times and noticed his peep would not turn around right. so he twisted it around and pulled it back again. while he had the bow back it basically blew up on him. i aint seen the bow but from what i think he is saying is the top cam fell off or the string just came off the top cam. which in doing so made the bottom of the bow come back and knock the crap out of his ribs. said he had a bruise about 12 inches long and has struggled to get up and down for a few days. he might a broke a rib or something. none of the strings broke and he said it looked like all the pieces were there so im thinking maybe they forgot to tighten something up.

oh yeah it broke his arrow. hes feeling better now though he came over to the house yesterday and said it was just sore but he was moving a little easier.

this ever happen to yall?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.