Woodbury, Ohio - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 10-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Scrub Buck

Default Woodbury, Ohio

Have the option of going to Ohio to hunt Woodbury or Dillion State park b/t Nov.6 and Nov.14. Can anybody give up some info on this land or tell me if I should stay home. I hate to waste money if no benefit. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Scrub Buck

I've not hunted this park, but I gun hunt about 20 miles from it. It is a lot of big woods and is quite hilly. The area itself is loaded w/ deer though, ranking in the top 3 counties in deer harvest in Ohio nearly every year. Without scouting first it could be a tough go because it is 19,000 acres (I think). It should be a good spot though and worth the trip.

How far do you have to travel?
Old 10-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Scrub Buck

I have to drive about 8 hours. Several friends for WV have lodging already set up. They have much success a little south but lodging was an issue this year. They did some scouting in Sept. and saw quite a few deer. I hope it is a good trip.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:25 PM

From what I know about Ohio it has alot of good deer but Hunting Man ought to be able to help you out a little.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Scrub Buck

There is a Hampton Inn in Newcomerstown, OH that is reasonable for lodging and is very hunter friendly. Good luck bagging a Buckeye state buck!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Scrub Buck

Thanks. My friends that I am going with have made some lodging arrangements. I "assumed" it would be a rustic type cabin but it is a huge cabin first class that sleeps 13. We only have 8 going. It is a 4 hour drive for them from WV. They have been hunting Ohio for several years but this is there first trip to Woodbury and/or Dillon. They have success in other places (I know you are wondering why they are not going back to previous place) but could not find lodging near old areas. But they are game for new area and have done some scouting back in Sept. Either way it will be a fun trip. If your know of some pointers from yourself or others let me know. Thanks
Old 10-27-2009, 04:30 PM

sorry I couldn't help you on this one, I'm not familiar with that part of Ohio's hunting.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Scrub Buck

I live in Coshocton County which is one of the top 3 counties if not the top county for deer hunting in OHIO. Woodbury is all over this county. There are thousands of deer all throughout Woodbury and a lot of nice bucks if your willing to walk a little ways.

The best time to hunt Woodbury is during bow seasons since theres not as many hunters out there. I mean there is a lot of people who bow hunt it, but when gun seasons comes... man everyone is out there and its quite scary to hunt with so many people around with guns.

You won't be disappointed in Woodbury though, the only thing that will make you mad, is not having enough time to hunt it all!
Old 07-13-2014, 02:26 PM
Scrub Buck

Default woodbury wma ohio

scrub buck: I've went to ohio for about 12 years now and hunted Coshocton area twice and seen the bigs ones during bow but never got a shot. so now I gun hunt there and do much better. that's where I'm going this year. what I can tell you about woodbury is its been surface mined and there is everything from tall grass to timber and some swamp area's. also a lot of ponds every where. the south end is walk in only and there's not a lot of parking area's, although you can park on the side of the dirt roads, not the hard balls. you have to watch out for drop offs where they strip mined. you will be in the so called golden triangle of the three best county area. Coshocton is the number one county. when are you going. we're going for the gun season, leaving fri after thanksgiving, will be staying at the roscoe motor inn. good rates. you need to be in shape, the best hunting is way back in and you need a deer cart and you can hunt high and not use a stand or use one. we use climbers and a umbrella incase it rains, and lock our carts to a tree. we try to get back in the middle of the section. well good hunting.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Scrub Buck

Default roscoe motor inn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnadams View Post
Have the option of going to Ohio to hunt Woodbury or Dillion State park b/t Nov.6 and Nov.14. Can anybody give up some info on this land or tell me if I should stay home. I hate to waste money if no benefit. Thanks.
we're set up to stay at roscoe motor in for $64.99 per night and it has a sm fridg, micro. couch, 2 queen beds, tv. he doesn't care how many people stays in the room. heres their number if interested. 740-622-8736. address is 421 s. whitewoman st coshocton