disapointed with a problem - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 12-09-2008, 12:37 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default disapointed with a problem

ok i LOVE shooting my compound bow, and i WAS really excited about taking it to the woods, but since the string was cut on it (ex girlfriend was trying to kill me by slicing half way through the string so it breaks when i pull it back "luckly i fully inspect my bow before and after everytime"), so anyways i did get a crossbow for the mean time since an ex co worker needed money and it was a heck of a steal i mean deal, so anyways i did get my compound bow fixed finally and its half way in the season here in ohio, and i blind hunt, and i do not wish to give up my blind beacuse its set up in a nice spot, i have the area well baited, and my blind is HEATED :D:D:D:D however the blind is not big enought for my to pull my bow back in so im really disapointed with it, however my dad isnt using his blind anymore and his blind is bigger and is already set up in the same woods as me (be baught a tripod 360 swivle stand) but i want his old blind in my current blinds spot... is it 2 late into the season to move the blinds around? wouldnt that kind of ruin the hunts this year??? my dads blind is twice the size of mine but its still a tight fit if i want to bow hunt from it but it is possible.

some advice please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2008, 02:13 AM

what happens happens, I'd move it and continue hunting. You say you're baiting then the deer should be use to the bait pile and return.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:37 AM
B&C 180 Class

why not use the crossbow in your blind and bowhunt from dads?Sure he's done with it?do you leave em out all year?Hope you got rid of the girlfriend that cut your string
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-09-2008, 02:44 AM

joel i didn't go there
Old 12-09-2008, 07:31 AM
B&C 140 Class

See it's not Obama we need to worry about it is ex-girlfriends.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:00 PM
B&C 100 Class

well i know my dad is done with the blind... yes the wicked wich is gone :P ... and the real goal here is to bow hunt, i dont want to use my dads spot just his blind, his spot isnt baited like mine is lol
Old 12-09-2008, 05:51 PM
B&C 120 Class

If the girl cut my string I wouldn't Have to think twice and I might have to cut her tire. lol. I would just move the blind in the middle of the day or after dark.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:56 PM
B&C 100 Class

i think you will be fine as long as you dont stay in there to long and create to much noise and disturb the deer real bad. i would just give it bout 3 days after i changed them out before i hunted it
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 AM
B&C 100 Class

well the thing is that the deer dont bed down in these woods i hunt because its such a small amount of land, i mean tiny MAYBY 1 acre altho i have permishion on all neiboring land to track but not kill... but the deer do pass through these woods regularly and only time iv seen deer out there is when im out in the morning or out in the evening so i think mid day around 1pm will be perfect timing and the deer arent realy spookable my dad set up his tripod stand in the middle of shotgun week and the next day we saw some deer so i dont think i will spook them enought to matter. thanks for all the advice im gona go out tomarrow and see how confertably i can shoot from my dads old blind and if its all good ill move it.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:51 AM
B&C 100 Class

set up the blind and hunt. If you already have a blind there, the deer are comfortable around it and they will continue to come in. Set it up and hunt out of it the next day. GOOD HUNTING!!!!!!