Deer Hunting Forums banner

disapointed with a problem

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
ok i LOVE shooting my compound bow, and i WAS really excited about taking it to the woods, but since the string was cut on it (ex girlfriend was trying to kill me by slicing half way through the string so it breaks when i pull it back "luckly i fully inspect my bow before and after everytime"), so anyways i did get a crossbow for the mean time since an ex co worker needed money and it was a heck of a steal i mean deal, so anyways i did get my compound bow fixed finally and its half way in the season here in ohio, and i blind hunt, and i do not wish to give up my blind beacuse its set up in a nice spot, i have the area well baited, and my blind is HEATED :D:D:D:D however the blind is not big enought for my to pull my bow back in so im really disapointed with it, however my dad isnt using his blind anymore and his blind is bigger and is already set up in the same woods as me (be baught a tripod 360 swivle stand) but i want his old blind in my current blinds spot... is it 2 late into the season to move the blinds around? wouldnt that kind of ruin the hunts this year??? my dads blind is twice the size of mine but its still a tight fit if i want to bow hunt from it but it is possible.

some advice please

#3 ·
why not use the crossbow in your blind and bowhunt from dads?Sure he's done with it?do you leave em out all year?Hope you got rid of the girlfriend that cut your string:crazy:

#6 ·
well i know my dad is done with the blind... yes the wicked wich is gone :p ... and the real goal here is to bow hunt, i dont want to use my dads spot just his blind, his spot isnt baited like mine is lol

#9 ·
well the thing is that the deer dont bed down in these woods i hunt because its such a small amount of land, i mean tiny MAYBY 1 acre altho i have permishion on all neiboring land to track but not kill... but the deer do pass through these woods regularly and only time iv seen deer out there is when im out in the morning or out in the evening so i think mid day around 1pm will be perfect timing and the deer arent realy spookable my dad set up his tripod stand in the middle of shotgun week and the next day we saw some deer so i dont think i will spook them enought to matter. thanks for all the advice :smile: im gona go out tomarrow and see how confertably i can shoot from my dads old blind and if its all good ill move it.

#11 ·
Man I know this thread is old but I just had to comment on the evil girlfriend.. That blows my mind.. I dont think my wife would even think of halfway cutting through the string.. That junk could hurt ya.. An older gentlemen I know had a parker blow up on him.. I dont think he could sit down or lay down comfortable for a month.. The bottom limb came up and hit him in the ribs.. It was at full draw when it exploded.. ouch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.