can ya help asoldier with some advice - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 12-05-2008, 08:43 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default can ya help asoldier with some advice

i am currently deployed to afghanistan and we will be going home shortly i just recently started bow hunting and i will have about10-15 days to hunt once i get home i only know of one place to hunt and thats at fort campbell where i am stationed. as you probably know it is hunted pretty heavily but its all i got right now so ill take what they give me. anyway i was looking for any advice to help with what few days i do have to hunt i had a place scouted that looks promising but i havent gotten to see it in a year so theres no telling. any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks god bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2008, 08:48 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default late season doesnt help either

also as you know it is very late in the season so if you have any good post rut tips or tricks that would be great.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Scrub Buck

First off i want to say thank you for fighting and serving this country!!!! As for me if i had quite a few days to hunt and wanted to try and make it successful. I would take the first day or two and go back and scout that same place again to see if you have any does or any (hunters)already there. because you dont want to spend the hole time there if there is nothing happening........just my suggestion. But if you are gonna be hunting the rut i always think of it like this. hunt where the does are because the bucks will be close behind. but anyways that is my two sense so im sure some one else has some better info. But happy hunting and happy holidays.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
B&C 180 Class

i second that country boy.Thanks for doing your part and serving.this late in the year FOOD is the main priority and staying alive so hunt security cover and nearby food sources
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
B&C 140 Class

Fort Campbell is not far from me. I have always heard there is some good hunting there. I'm not sure if that is considered Kentucky or Tennessee. Either way, Land Between the Lakes is only about 20 miles from there and a good place to hunt. It is a 185,000 acres of public land run by the forestry department. The area runs in both KY & TN. This time of year there isn't hardly anyone there and the place is wide open for archery hunters. I hunt up there regularly on the KY side. SO, if the Kentucky liscense is what you buy I'd be glad to set you up with a place to hunt. If the TN liscense I can steer you in a direction up there. Being military I think you can get resident liscense in either state....not sure on that. If you want my help, just holler.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:30 PM

I'll ditto the above remarks regarding the service to our country. Thank you! Couple of things to add to the previous posts, if you catch any of this snow it will help to show you the travel routes. I don't know your area's secondary rut period, but you may catch some of that. Look for food, travel routes, stay scent free, and good luck!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:16 PM
B&C 140 Class

Not much of a chance HM but I sure wish we could get some of that snow.............
Old 12-05-2008, 07:32 PM
B&C 100 Class

I want to take this time to say a BIG OL THANK YOU for your service and standing in for us that can not be with you over there.

I wish you the best with your hunting while home.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

"Whitetail it's more than a passion, it's an addiction"

~~~~

Bowhunter and Handgun Hunter

Last edited by Whitetail_Freak_Hunter; 12-05-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:27 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default thanks everyone and i might find you southern man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Fort Campbell is not far from me. I have always heard there is some good hunting there. I'm not sure if that is considered Kentucky or Tennessee. Either way, Land Between the Lakes is only about 20 miles from there and a good place to hunt. It is a 185,000 acres of public land run by the forestry department. The area runs in both KY & TN. This time of year there isn't hardly anyone there and the place is wide open for archery hunters. I hunt up there regularly on the KY side. SO, if the Kentucky liscense is what you buy I'd be glad to set you up with a place to hunt. If the TN liscense I can steer you in a direction up there. Being military I think you can get resident liscense in either state....not sure on that. If you want my help, just holler.
thanks everyone for all of your advice hope it helps. it seems to be a concensus that i gotta find food huh. well i geuss ill see hoe that works out for me. As for southern man if you could stay in touch that would be great at least maybe i could get a jump start on next season. hopefully anyway.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:44 PM
B&C 140 Class

Give me a holler anytime Soldier....... Be glad to help you out.