I need Help! - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 11-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Scrub Buck

Default I need Help!

Hey guys I am new to the site but have been hunting for ten years I Got busted this morning hunting a scrape he is a big mature eight point and I dont want him to abandon the scrape should I stay out of the stand for a couple days? He didnt smell me he saw me and the land owner said that the stand has been there for like four years I hunted it last night and a doe looked right up at me so I figured that I would use my climber and sit in a differtent tree if I was gonna go back but I am not sure if I should go back !Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2008, 03:47 PM
B&C 180 Class

the climber sounds like a good idea.the stand is probably well know to the deer.if the doe looked up she smelled,saw or knew from past experience.do you remember where you saw them coming from?set up closer to that spot with the climber and spray yourself down good with wildlife secrets scent killer
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 11-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Scrub Buck

Cool man I have been talkin to all my buddies and they all said the same thing I always spray down with scent elimination spray before every hunt thanks I ll be sure and let you know how it goes
Old 11-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Im with Joel.. Same general area, different location..
Old 11-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Scrub Buck

Well I didnt see him today of course I got up this morning and it was a thunderstorm so I waited till this afternoon hunt didnt see anything well it was 70 degrees out so maybe ill have moe luck in the a.m. ohh yeah I moved to the other side of the grassy area that the scrape was on so hopefully I can ge him before he sees me
Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 PM

They say bucks will check their scrapes downwind at times. So if thats where your set up, watch carefully. He may come in right on top of you. Good luck in the morning..
Old 11-03-2008, 08:48 PM
B&C 100 Class

What Joel said
Old 11-03-2008, 10:01 PM
B&C 180 Class

dont know where you live but in NY once the deer got their winter coats on they dont really move once it gets over 45
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 PM

The weather is hot here too. Upper 60's tomorrow, darn it all.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Scrub Buck

Well I made it out again this morning And I got Busted Never even saw him He started blowing like crazy so I started grunting and he kept blowing running back and fourth about 60 yrds out,so I dont know if he smelled me or that he was just mad cause I was using tinks trophy buck lure and no decoy. So its back to tinks #69 and I am gonna move to the same end of the grassy area but on the other side of the trail.