Deer Hunting Forums banner

Ohio Woodbury Wildlife Area

23K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Unregistered 
#1 ·
Does anybody bow hunt the woodbury wildlife area in Coshocton County ? I'm planning a trip for my son and I, in November 2008, looking for suggestions about this area. Any information would be a great help.

Thanks Paul

#3 ·
I have heard of it, but don't have any good information for that spot. That general area does have a lot of deer in it. It also gets quite a few hunters. Is this a private outfitter property or plublic? This makes a big difference in Ohio. I have muzzleload hunted in that general area on plublic property without great success. Sorry I don't have any spefic info. One area that recently has started to produce big bucks is around Tappan Lake in SE Ohio. This is an area that I'm thinking of hunting for late season blackpowder. Have fun with the son.

#4 ·
Im not familiar with ohio.In NY you can email the DEC and ask about a property and they will give ya all kinds of info.I would start there since you will need to know the regs for the area anyway.they often have maps and can make suggestions on where to go if you talk to them.whenever i plan on trying out new areas thats what i do.then i do web search of anything related to the area/property.Good luck hope this helps

#5 ·
i think its in this months issue of petersons hunting

#7 ·
Thanks guys for responding anyway! I have bought a map and contacted Ohio's dec for more info. on regs etc. We plan to hunt Nov. 7-15 w/ bows I'm hoping to see more deer than hunters. Woodbury looks big so I may wonder in quite a ways to get away from the crowds.
If anybody comes up with any info. on woodbury in coshocton county , I'll listen to any suggestions or ideas. I'll list my E-mail address incase you don't want to put info. out for everyone. E-Mail is cedarswamp@adelphia.net

Thanks Paul

#8 ·
I hunt about 50 miles south of there in Morgan County. Coshocton Co is top notch. Used to be number one big buck county in the state. Not sure how they ranked last year but I'll bet there in the top 3. Last year the bow hunters were way down where I hunt. You should have a great time. Great Big Buck opportunities there.

#9 ·
I saw in a magazine lastyear that the Delaware Wildlife area is also top notch..I hunt there, it's public land..You should look into maybe going there as well or instead? I'm just up the road from it, I've hunted there a few times and I know a few spots.

Now, if you're talkin about counties..ever since that Chronic Wasting disease hit last year, the south of Ohio is low in deer population...your best bets from what I've heard are the middle counties of the state, like Knox, Holmes, Coshocton and so on.. I've driven through Knox and Holmes counties a lot here in the last few weeks and the DEER are THICK..walking up people's driveways in the middle of the day.

my two cents..

#10 ·
I'll be back up in Woodbury again this year. First week of November to be exact. From what I've seen in the past woodbury is a good spot to hunt large bucks. I've saw many good bucks in that area. There is a trick to hunting that area like there is to all public land. Don't give up on the first day if you don't see what your looking for, and don't be afraid to spend the 1st day or 2 on the ground looking the place over.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good old Woodbury ohio! The video that I posted in my other thread is in fact in Coshocton County. Thats all I'm going to say though. I lived in Coshocton all my life!

Woodbury is massive around here, I haven't done much hunting in woodbury due to the fact that there are a ton of people who hunt it, and they disturb your hunt. You have those hunters who come out super late and spook all the deer. You have the idiots who shoot at anything that moves....etc so I avoid it.

Tell you one thing though, go on google earth and take satellite pictures of woodbury and go out to some of those ponds. Amazing fishing out in woodbury along with some awesome hunting to, if your man enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.