Sporting goods stores - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 02-18-2007, 05:04 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Sporting goods stores

Are there any Gander Mountain stores in Tenn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2007, 07:04 PM
B&C 140 Class

How about Bass Pro Dhops then?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Shopping

what is it you're looking for? maybe I can offer some advice or direction on where to look.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 PM

hey dude sorry for the late response. work has been killin me. there is a gander mountain in northern alabama and we got a bass pro in nashville tenn.

ive never been to the gander mountain store. just heard the radio advertisements for there store. our bass pro shop is big but twice ive drove all the way up there asuuming they would have some basic muzzleloader parts for my gun and came away empty handed. a store that size you would think they would have everything you need on hand. there restock employees must not know when to order stuff.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:39 AM

Default gander and bass pro

personally I think Gander Mtn is high priced and years ago Bass Pro caused me nightmares with a fishing rod I ordered from them and now over time I see their prices arent anything to brag about as well....

When I'm looking for hunting supplies the first place I check is
"The Sportsmans Guide"
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ Their prices are usually comparable if not lower then others.

there's tons of places to look but depending on what your needs are depends on where to look. Does that make sense? LOL

a good example is AMMO when I need some I look at the sportsmans guide first but I also check at www.CheaperThanDirt.com ... They have good deals too. BOTH places have good prices and the quality is excellent on everything I've purchased from both places. last year alone I'm sure I spent WELL OVER a thousand dollars between the 2 places and I'm fussy / picky and stubbron about quality and prices..
I hope you find this helpful
Good Luck and Happy Safe Hunting

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 02-21-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:46 PM
B&C 140 Class

Not really looking for anything just wondering if they have good bow techs. I was thunking about buying a bow from them up in Green Bay there is a Gander Mountain store that has the bow I'm looking for and yes I have shot it.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Dicks Sporting Goods

ahhhhh I hear ya now....
Have you checked with Dicks Sporting Goods to see if they have the Bow you're looking for? I don't know about the Dicks sporting goods store in Green Bay but my local Dicks store has a good selection of bows and they also have a tech to repair, make adjustments and fine tune bows.. He also measures for proper draw length and cuts the arrow shafts right there ,,, so if you haven't checked with your Dicks Sporting goods yet,,, It might not hurt to check them out too.

Good Luck !!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:20 PM
B&C 140 Class

thanks for the advice
Old 03-01-2007, 01:40 PM

critter gitter

i got a buddy that runs a bow shop that deals bowtechs. he does not have a website yet though. he is usually overpriced but if he knows he either beats the price or does not sell the bow he might be willing to hook you up with a good deal. he just sold member 10 point on here a diamond by bowtech set up and with half a dozen beaman arrows for $500. i think he gets those bows for a little over $300. then he spent an hour with the kid setting it up for him (draw length, cuttin arrows, etc.)

you would think that if your just buying it from him and he does not have to set it up for ya then he would be willing to make a deal for only a little profit cuz all he is doing is ordering and then reshipping it to you. if your interested i can pm his number to ya and you can give him a call or you can tell me the bow your looking for and i can ask him myself.

now this will only work if you know how to set your peep and everything else yourself.