youth bows - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 03-05-2008, 06:03 PM
B&C 180 Class

Default youth bows

Im supposed to take my nephew to a bow camp this summer for 3 days.He loves archery .I bought him a cheapie bow to see if he liked it years ago.He does,and his new school has an archery program.I want to get him a real bow that he can grow up with and eventually hunt with.Ive looked online and I found Diamond edge by bowtech.It seems like the best bet it has adjustable draw length and poundage.another nice feature is as he grows i can have the limbs replaced for heavy draw for 50$.I checked out browning and hoyt.Anybody bought a youth bow recently?any suggestions ?recommendations.Dont worry Im taking him to the shop to get measured and try em out.I just want suggestions on brands and any experience with youth bows you may have had.thanks guys
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2008, 06:19 PM
ronn

I got my son a PSE deer hunter. He started out at 35 lbs and now its at 47 with room to go more. That is his first bow. good to start and he can hunt with it. Not sure how old or big your nephew is but its worth a look if only for the fact that he'll be able to use it for years. Its a real bow but made as a starter for younger people. I think it was like $250 with a dozen carbons, sights, quiver, at my bow shop.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:25 PM

Only youth bow I purchased was a PSE Nova, it was ok. My son grew out of it pretty fast. Gave it to my nephew.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:36 PM
B&C 180 Class

the diamond goes for 300ish but its adjustable to 28' and you can have new limbs put on it for 50$ so it "grows"with you check this out Diamond Archery tell me what ya think.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 03-05-2008, 07:06 PM
ronn

I think the deer hunter is the next step up from the nova but I'm not sure. I know in a pinch i'd use the boys bow.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:08 PM
B&C 100 Class

I bought my son a youth Hoyt when he was 12. It grew with him and he used it until he was 16 or 17. It was a good bow, very forgiving for a young shooter. I'm sure his little brothers will use it when they are old enough. I would recomend a youth model Hoyt.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:28 PM
B&C 180 Class

i checked out the hoyt trykin? it was too big he's got like an 18-19 draw i think.I'll definitely get him remeasured .keep em coming guys all good stuff so far thanks
Old 03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
ronn

then the one i was talking about would be to big i think
Old 03-05-2008, 09:24 PM
B&C 180 Class

who knows maybe he'll get one of those growth spurts between now and then,Im taking all suggestions(easy now)
Old 03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
ronn

hahahahahaha