Deer Hunting Forums banner

Parker Trailblazer XP?

16K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  steiger94 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the site but not to bowhunting. I've been bowhunting for around 18yrs. and have taken a good bit of game. Guess I'm just lookin for someone that might have some experience with the Parker Trailblazer XP bow. Think I'm fixing to order one but was wondering about the smoothness of the shot and how quiet it is. Any info will be appreciated.

#2 ·
I bought a Parker Trailblazer back in March. I love it. It is smooth, fast and quiet. I shot Mathews, Mission (mathew's cheaper version), Diamond, PSE. The only one I would have bought instead if I could afford it was the Diamond Marquis. That was the only bow I shot that I could tell was nicer than the Parker. It seems a lot of hunters are brand loyal, not a bad thing, but it gets in the way of others finding the bow that fits them. Enjoy. By the way. I shot my first deer at 40 yards w/ my Trailblazer. Never would have done that with my old bow.

#3 ·
speaking for myself i would never order a bow without shooting it first.what feels good to one may feel horrible to another

#5 ·
Hunting man hit the nail on the head Diamonds are good 500 dollars bows. I shot my last years rapture then I shot my buddies mathews legacy right after it which is about 6 years old. I could not believe the difference the mathews was a whole lot quieter and smother and felt 5 times better than my Diamond. If I had it to do over again I would have bought me a used mathews or waited and got me a new mathews the next year. I can't but diamond down completely I have robin hooded once and killed one deer with it. And this is my only first real year huntin with it I only got to bow hunt 2 times last year. And I would definetly shoot the bow before I just ordered one.

#6 ·
10point, we will hear a whole lot of noise about $500.00 will buy a good bow and they will be correct. Not everyone has a budget for a new Mathews, but from experience I can say they are a cut above everything else I've shot. I have not shot a new Bowtech so I won't make any comments untill I can on those. My Q2XL Mathews is quiet and smoothe and fits me like a glove. By the way , son returned the dual cam Reflex and got the Diamond single cam because it felt more like my Mathews.

#7 ·
I can tell you from shooting the new Diamond, and several other bows that they are ok, but there is just no replacement for a matthews, old or new it doesnt seem to matter, quiet, easy to shoot, deer don't seem to jump your string as much. If u are going to spend money on a bow, buy a matthews...even a used one is often better than most other new bows. Just my 2 cents

#8 ·
If you can get your hands on that Parker Trailblazer XP to shoot it before you buy it. Do not order from a catalog when purchasing a bow. I tried many bows and drove around before I purchased my Mathews Drenalin. I saved and saved as I had a Mathews Black Max, so I already liked Mathews. But I test drove alot of bows, and at the end even spent a whole day with the new Bowtech 08 line up. A buddy of mine already had a Bowtech so I had shot that quite a bit as well.

Make sure the bow fits you or the shooter before you purchase.

Just my .03 cents on it.

#9 ·
What'd I tell you about brand loyalty? An earlier post mentioned shooting before buying. Do it! You'd be surprised at the difference between bows. There are good bows out there in the medium price range but you have to look. You don't have to spend $1,000 to get one. I have two huntin' buddies that still can't believe I didn't buy a Mathew's.

G
#10 ·
I know that this is an old thread but most of the preceding posts illustrate the blinders that brand loyalty produces. The Trailblazer is a great bow. I did have a Mathews immediately before buying two Trailblazers and shot Hoyt bows for years (the flagship bows every year) and there is nothing wrong with Parker's products. Does the Parker have more vibration at the shot than the Mathews? Yes, but it is also lighter than the Z7 series Mathews. Does the Parker have slightly more recoil at the shot than the Mathews? Yes. The bottom line is that the Trailblazer taken in proper context is a very good bow that even 10 years ago would have been considered a stellar performer. The Mathews, Hoyts, and Bowtechs are more refined to an extent and you will pay more for that as well as, yes, let's not be delusional here, the brand names. If you want a good bow at a great price the Trailblazer, although now discontinued is a fine product.

#11 ·
i shoot a Parker Sidekick XP and iv had a little problem with the limbs creeking. not sure what was going on with it but it stopped after i shot it a while. as for speed its one of the fastest 55 pound bows iv ever shot. i killed two deer with it this past season with it and got pass throughs on both. im not sure which of the other guys said something about diamond bows but iv heard very good things about them. supposed to be real smooth bow but iv never shot one. i would definetly shoot few different bows before i made my decision

#12 ·
Ok, so this is an old old post I know but I was wondering if I could get some advice. I am new to bowhunting and looking to buy my own and not keep borrowing lol I have two people by me that are selling two different bows for the price I am looking for. One is a Parker Trailblazer XP and one is a Mathews Solocam bow. I know the Solocam is an older model but it's hard to pass on a Mathews that is in such good condition and taken care of. I wondered if anyone had any advice or tips for either one? Just not experienced enough to just wing it and I'd like to get something I can gain experience with and actually kill something. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.