Hoyt Intruder - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 12-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Hoyt Intruder

Ok i had an offer to trade my bow i am selling for a hoyt intruder. I have never personally heard of hoyt. So i was wondering, is this a good bow or has anyone on here ever had one?
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 06:25 PM

I own an older Hoyt bow. It has been a great peice of equipment. I rate Hoyt in the same catagory as a Mathews and Bowtech. If you feel good with the bow I dont think you can go wrong with a Hoyt. Good luck
Old 12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Scrub Buck

Ok i think i might make the trade. I am also looking at a pse thunderbolt, so i think whichever way i go will be a good choice. Any words of advice about the pse thunderbolt?

Last edited by deeraddict; 12-10-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Scrub Buck

I recently got a helluva deal on a Hoyt XT 2000. I'd put it up against just about anything. It's quiet, fast, has good punch, looks good, a joy to shoot. But to be fair, it all comes down to what feels best for you. I've heard good things about just about any of the major brands: Matthews, PSE, Bowtech (although I think they're ugly), Bear. So you probably can't go wrong.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:19 PM

Wish I could be of some assistance to you but I'm new to the bowhunting phenom myself. I know this is off topic some but I was looking at bows on the web and they're all packed up with features that confuse the heck out of me. What are some of the features that yall look for in a good or great bow. I have an old almost antique like long bow that I shoot targets with but I would not have confidence in hunting with it.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
B&C 100 Class

when you go to buy a bow usually they will let you shoot it ( at the pro shop ) and the past 2 bows i have purchsed i have just gone in and shot a couple and picked the ones that felt the best. i currently amd shooting a martin jaguar and i love it. just personal preferance. it is a piece of hunting equipment that needs to feel extreamly comfortable to the shooter. it's not like a gun at all in that you have to more intune with your weapon. just my thoughts
Old 12-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Scrub Buck

ive had hoyt intruder very good bow killed two deer this year,and just bought new hoyt vetrix my choice go hoyt
Old 12-26-2007, 05:28 AM

I think most of the top bows are fine. My buddy shoots a $800.00 Hoyt thats been back to the factory 3 times because it eats cables. I shoot a Mathews Q2XL and have had no problems with it. I think the newer models are better built, faster shooting with less hand shock.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Scrub Buck

A new bow won't get you any closer to the deer. If you have a chance to shoot the bow and you like the way it feels than make the trade. Deer can be harvested with traditional bows, recurves and "antique" compounds. The real trick is to get the quartering away, twenty yard shot.
If you shoot competively then I would spend the money for a new bow.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Scrub Buck

the Intruder was my last bow, I put 9 deer kills, 2 turkey kills, and a coyote kill on it. I moved up to a vertex last year and the thing is a killing machine, 2 bucks and a doe about a 1/2 dozen squirrels in 2yrs with it. My buddy is the owner of the local archery shop and he also has always hunted with hoyt. he was conned in to using a mathews this year since the rep gave it to him free. (must be nice) He says next year he's going back to the hoyt.