Old 12-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Scrub Buck

maybe some day i can take you up on that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2007, 02:58 AM
B&C 180 Class

no problem,glad to help
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Scrub Buck

I am also new to the sight. I have had good fortune to harvest multiple whitetail from the ground, but only from setting up natural blinds. No luck / skill in stalking them. Only twice did I come into sooting range while actively stalking them with the bow. Good luck.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:05 PM

Hey pass it along welcome to the site. Glad to have you aboard.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Scrub Buck

my thoughts on recurves is dont get cought up practicing your shots from any given yardage shoot from a spot take a step or two and shoot again this will help you become instinctive and if you get lucky enough while stalking and jump one up you will stand a better chance at a snap shot !good luck &let us know how it goes.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Scrub Buck

thanks for the advice and greetings from everyone. so i went out and bought my first set of arrows and it totaled $170 that is insane, then i forgot about the inserts for the shafts. at least i don't have to re-buy anything, any advice on things i might have missed on equipment before i go broke on gas.

1-bow
2-arrows w/ fletchings, heads, and soon inserts
3-arrow rest
4-braided wrist thingy so i don't drop it
5-quiver
6-target heads

thank you all for the help
Old 12-21-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig009 View Post
thanks for the advice and greetings from everyone. so i went out and bought my first set of arrows and it totaled $170 that is insane, then i forgot about the inserts for the shafts. at least i don't have to re-buy anything, any advice on things i might have missed on equipment before i go broke on gas.

1-bow
2-arrows w/ fletchings, heads, and soon inserts
3-arrow rest
4-braided wrist thingy so i don't drop it
5-quiver
6-target heads

thank you all for the help
Trig009 heres a link to a post I started awhile back with Bow hunting Tips. Maybe some of this info will help you out. Good Luck to you

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 12-21-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:26 AM
B&C 120 Class

ok man my hats off to you im a rifle hunter and i sit in a blind usually but your a bow hunter and you track your deer and have to get close enough to make a shot witch is pretty close man that is sweet welcome to the site
Old 12-22-2007, 05:08 AM
B&C 180 Class

I started out shooting with a hand me down ben pearson bow.its white and orange and you put the arrowss on the grip to shoot ,Havent used it in years it was given to me by a good friend who recently passed away.He lived for deer hunting he was a NY fire fighter back in the day befor scott packs etc,anyway i was tought that you visualize and pick a spot.ya know what i could shoot bulls eyes all day then i got a hand me down compound ya know the kind with no let off all aluminum.no fancy sights ,rest etc.ya know what it killed deer dead.I think its a disgrace to charge 800 $ for a bare bow by the time your done its a grand .Thats alot of money if its not more power to ya.i learned bare hand and i still believ everyone should learn the basics.sorry to rant but im disgusted with the industry
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Scrub Buck

i don't know much about the industry yet, but my grandpa and i always went survival camping when i was a kid and i loved it. since then i always wanted to hunt, for me hunting means to use your head and skill to out wit the animal not buy all the best equipment to make it easier. if i wanted an easy kill i would just get one of the M24's from the ams room and shoot from 1,000m. anyway i cant wait to go and have some fun, in the off season i am joining the on post archery club so i can work on form and build good habits.