Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Bow Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/)
-   -   Last chance for MO deer hunters (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/10387-last-chance-mo-deer-hunters.html)

semohunter 01-10-2013 03:14 PM

Last chance for MO deer hunters

The end of the deer season for MO hunters is fast approaching. I am planning a weekend of bowhunting in hopes of tagging a deer before season comes to a close. It would be nice to put alittle more meat in freezer before its over. Them backstraps are YUMMY!! Anyone else bowhunting soon?

Bud 01-10-2013 03:48 PM

Went out last night and going all weekend.

timberghost 01-11-2013 04:45 PM

Good Luck semo.

tator 01-14-2013 09:04 AM

I went out Saturday night for my "final hunt of the season". Saw about 15 deer, but they were 400+ yds away. On my way out of the field I did happen to get about 30 yds from a doe without her knowing. It had been rain/sleeting all afternoon and it was getting dark and my silouette was hidden by the woods behind me and the wind was PERFECT- at my face. I came to full drawl but decided not to shoot b/c of her probably being pregnant. I had already decided before I started the hunt that I was only going to take a buck. There was one buck in particular that I wanted to take out b/c his rack was deformed and he just didn't look right. Never saw him though.

Time to start shed hunting and I'm hoping to FIND MY FIRST ONE EVER! Geez, shed hunting is harder than it looks. :)

semohunter 01-14-2013 03:01 PM

The weekend didnt turn out like I had planned. We had rain come in on saturday and it rained all day long, pouring at times. We had flash flooding in certain areas down here. I did hunt from 10;30-12;30 on Saturday and got soaked. It started to rain lightly around 11;30 and was pouring by noon. I seen good sign around my stand in the winter wheat that I got planted but didnt see any. Looks like my season is over and may take up some shed hunting. Good luck to you Tator. Hope you find your 1st shed and hopes its a bigen!!

tator 01-14-2013 03:23 PM

I went out saturday around 1pm and it was sleeting on me lightly. I got to the stand and it stopped but around 3pm it started again. It sleeted pretty good for about a half an hour but nothing really hard. Then stopped again. I got down from my stand around 5:15pm and it was beautiful out b/c it just started to show and you could see it coming down all around you in the almost-darkness. Talk about beautiful and breathtaking. It's amazing the things you witness when outdoors.

on_the_fly 01-14-2013 05:50 PM

Our last day is the 21st here. I'm having a hard time finding time to go. It was flooding rain here this weekend, just seems every time I get an open day from work the weather is all jacked up n I don't go.

Hunting Man 01-15-2013 09:51 AM

I'm done even though Ohio archery season goes through January. I'm tired and just don't feel like another short road trip. I'm not sure if the son will head down to S. Ohio one more time but dad is not going.

tator 01-15-2013 10:12 AM

Today is the last day of deer season officially here. Kinda sad. I tell you guys, I look forward to nothing more than deer season. Now, there are things I love more than hunting, but the anticipation is awesome and the preperation is fun!

on_the_fly 01-15-2013 05:40 PM

Shoot I'm already excited for spring turkey and mushroom hunting. Then it's fishing till deer season rolls back in.