Deer Hunting Forums banner

PA bow trip

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
Got home tonight after a great week of bow hunting in PA. I was able to tag a nice 14" six point and one of my buddies got a real nice 15" 9 pointer. We all saw bucks had real nice weather and the rut is on right now. Unfortunately, my buddy hit a giant 20" 8 pointer, using a Rage 3 blade and we lost the buck after two full days of tracking eventually loosing the blood trail. One of the blades failed to open. Muzzy MX3 did it's job even with a high back shot. Personally I would throw all the 3 blade Rage broadheads away. I have heard the 2 blade models are better????????

#3 ·
That's great HM. Glad you guys are getting opps. Sorry about the lost deer. I drove down the I-79 from Erie to Pittsburg the other day and saw a huge 10ish ptr standing in a patch of woods looking into golden rods scrubbish. I rarely see deer especially when I'm whipping down the highway in a semi. Really nice sight to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.