Busted - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Scrub Buck

I not sure if my area is where they took the video. I know the urban hunt area that I'm in has a population of approximatley 156 deer per square mile. Last years hunt only scratched the surface, that the city and game and fish needs to thin out. Only 351 deer taken last year. I decided this year to start bow hunting. The first deer that is required to kill is a doe and must be donated to feed the hungry. If I ever harvest some, I plan on donating some of what I harvest to feed the hungry. Working in Law Enforcement I see a lot of children and adults who do not get three square meals a day. At least this way I know what I'm donating feed the hungry and not support someones habbit. So I'm praying for sucess in my endeavor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 05:05 PM
B&C 160 Class

If we had that program here i would shoot a doe
I just like to practice aiming at them and going through the motions minus the kill
Old 09-27-2012, 02:27 PM
B&C 140 Class

Sounds like you have an angry, tipped off boss doe. Good luck...probably the hardest deer in the woods to kill. You may want to just move to a different location...lol. She most likely won't let you get anywhere near her or any others.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:03 PM
B&C 160 Class

What do you wash your hunting clothes in? Have you sprayed them with UV killer? I stray from the rest when it comes to scents, I try to eliminate all the scent I can and try to set up with the wind in my favor, and I never add scent to an area. To me any scent I add like doe pee or buck scent or the thousand other scents out there is a potential alert for the deer, but that's just me.

If you have not used the UV killer or have used commercial detergent with brightners in it that could be your problem. Your clothes may be lighting up like a neon sign to a deer.

Lastly higher is not always better when it comes to tree stands. High stand placement can make a close bow shot difficult. The higher you are and the steeper the angle the smaller your kill zone is.

Y'all go ahead and beat me up now over the scent use. :)
Old 10-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Scrub Buck

Thanks for asking> I tried just about everthing. Washing my clothes in 3D Dead down wind. During practice I used my climber and shot at 20, 25 and 30 feet up. Aimed low on targert so I would be ready for the deer that wants to take a dive.
Have not been back in the woods since I started this post. Got family in hospital. Going to move the hang on to another location tomorrow put out some corn and camera and wait a few days and go back in. Going to the some public land in the area and use my climber and try to take a buck with one of my regular tags. Got a 4 to 5 year old 8 point on the game cam. Wish me luck maybe I will have better luck with the buck.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Scrub Buck

Well finally took my first deer at 56 years old. Using a Dimond Outlaw with 60 lbs of draw at 23 yards. It was that doe that kept busting me out. I moved my stand and started hunting the wind. I found there beding spots. It was a double lung shot She went 50 yards and piled up. Used 100 gr. Muzzy's

Thanks for the help everyone that posted.
Randy

No pics. Wife has a problem with me posting dead animals.

Last edited by DNARC; 10-14-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Miss spelled word
Old 10-14-2012, 11:28 PM
B&C 120 Class

Good job on getting your doe!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNARC View Post
Well finally took my first deer at 56 years old. Using a Dimond Outlaw with 60 lbs of draw at 23 yards. It was that doe that kept busting me out. I moved my stand and started hunting the wind. I found there beding spots. It was a double lung shot She went 50 yards and piled up. Used 100 gr. Muzzy's

Thanks for the help everyone that posted.
Randy

No pics. Wife has a problem with me posting dead animals.
Congratulations DNARC!!! ok, so you can't post pictures of dead animals, how about posting some pictures of a future supper?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:58 PM
B&C 160 Class

congrats on the doe
Old 10-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Scrub Buck

When the old 8 point comes crusing by my stand, chasing that hot doe or he thinks a hot duing the nasty, he will make front page news. I showed the wife the old pictures of her 3 vehicles taking out by bambi. She might be singing a different story soon.