First Bowhunt trip - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 09-17-2012, 04:16 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default First Bowhunt trip

My first weekend of bowhunting was was enjoyable. Glad to be back in woods. I passed a basket 6 pt. Pretty deer, he still had velvet on one side. I also seen 2 does with no shot. It was nice just to bet back out there. Anyone else get to go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 05:02 AM

our season opened Sat. went Sat & Sun. Probably the best start to the season we ever had. saw the most deer I have seen in a long time
out of 20 or so deer we saw only 1 was a buck. couple missed opportunities on the doe but had a blast.

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 PM
B&C 140 Class

I'm planning on being in the stand Saturday evening. Can't wait, it's been too long!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:01 AM
B&C 140 Class

I'm gonna try to slip out Sunday for the first time this year.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:41 AM
B&C 180 Class

Nope, up here in north central MO, I haven't been yet. Planning on going out in the morning (sat). Supposed to be low 40's tonight with a north wind.

Semo- are you all having alot of cases of deer dying from this fly-bite stuff? They're not calling it blue-tongue or CWD, but there's some sort of small fly that can infect deer and kill them. Humans cannot get this disease, but deer can. There was a case of it just south of Madison, MO (about 15 min from where I live) and there was a case of it just north of Salisbury (about 30 min from where I live). In the first case, there were 6 deer found dead from it, all in one general area. In the other case, there were only 4. I read in the paper last night where 2,800 deer have died from this disease just in this year! that's alot of deer.

Good luck to you man
Old 09-21-2012, 12:10 PM

I'll be leaving Oct 3rd for a Michigan U.P. bow hunt, 3 old friends meeting up for another enjoyable week of hunting. I hope the weather turns cold for the week. Reports are pretty good based on trail cam photos.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:45 PM
B&C 120 Class

In the stand right now on my first bowhunt of the season. I keep thinking I hear something but its the darn squirrels playing around! Let's hope in the next hour or so something walks out but even if it doesn't itll still be better than opening day. Forgot my rope. Climbed up the tree with my bow in my mouth. Sat it on the base of the stand when I got up there only to have it fall off. Had an awful time finding it and was afraid to try getting up there again with it. So at least I made it farther than I did Monday! Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)
Old 09-23-2012, 08:30 AM
B&C 160 Class

Opening day was yesterday, I went with my brother and his son. I saw eight, brother killed a doe hunting off the ground on a food plot, and nephew hit a limb on a nice eight point and had a clean miss, so we had a great season opener. Going to the Rifle club today to get me and the wife some pistol practice and I'm going to check the sites on the 270 and muzzleloader while Im at it. Be back in the woods tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:07 AM

Kansasdoe
It takes me a few hunts every year to get all the rust off me too at least you didn't forget your Bow. buddy did that last year so excited he just left home without it
Buckshot
congrats on the Doe & good luck with the rest of the season

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 PM
B&C 180 Class

I've made it all the way up into the tree and hooked up safety harness and waited for an hour before I realized I had NO RELEASE!

Talk about feeling stupid.