Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - church devided
Thread: church devided
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:49 PM
B&C 140 Class

Stage 2, On the following Wednesday nite they told the pastor that in the bylaws that they were to vote on the pastor every year ' which has never been done' But don't worry about it, Its just a formality. Well he only made it by one vote. Now we found out that they held a private meeting and decided to try to vote him out on a non scheduled business meeting when they knew many would not be there. So last sunday they were called out, and let the whole church know what they had done. Then we had a recommitment prayer. This sinday the pastor read from the bible about others that had done similar type things and what happened to them. Then he said he was calling a emergency meeting and for all that were in the secret meeting to resign all there positions. None did or even said a word. Now my friend stands up and makes a motion for a vote to remove them from office and was seconded several times. They won by votes from people that were not members or said they were but could not prove it. At this point the pastor says I know were I stand with yall and I resign and walked off. followed by a very large crowd. So for now we will be meeting at the lake to have our service.