Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - handloading
Thread: handloading
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 07:21 AM
ronn

Turns out I have been there. I go to IMR. Just always used DuPont IMR. When I did a lot of reloading it was for the 300 savage, 06, 7mm mag,257 bob, .338 win mag, 22 hornet, 22.250, 30.30, but then Hornady came out with there own ammo that was as good as I could build or was willing to. Without getting in to neck turning and weighing each piece of brass and doing all the things that make a round hyper accurate. With the ultra mags factory ammo is limited. I like trying to get the best out of the round and know there are guys out there that have played around and developed some excellent SAFE stuff. Like for the hornet I used lil gun( hodgdon) powder which is a shot gun powder for the 410. The first round over the corno was 3200 with a 35 gr v-max. and groups man they were very tight. A literal tack driver a 100. I whacked a crow at 270 paces cold shot. So I'm looking for those formulas that will get the best out of the round which in all likelihood aren't in the book. Got any thoughts? thanks again
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote