Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Hunting on Guam
Thread: Hunting on Guam
View Single Post
post #47 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 03:29 AM
lv2hunt
Scrub Buck

Primo Joe,

I can totally relate to your style, hunting grounds, and experience. For twenty-eight years, I hunted Mt. Lam -Lam and have very similar stories about the deer in the south. I use a Remington 7400 in 270 cal, topped off with a 4X12X40 mm Nikon. Most shots are from 100-200 yards. However; I have taken shots out to 300-425 yards with success. Taken a lot of deer up there and know very well about the hours it takes to the carry deer out. My longest hunting trip started at 9:00 AM and finished at 1:00 AM early next morning. We caught a giant 240lbs dinga dos.

The bibik is everything. When properly used; it makes the difference between meat or no meat in the fridge. This is where most hunters who do bibik get taken to school. I learned to bibik from my Paree, Stanley Santos, whom I consider to be one of the best in this field. I say this due to the many, many deer; and the multiple 200 pounders plus he shot(Got pictures to prove it too).

When it comes to the bibik; I absolutely love the dollar bill! Many awesome hunts ended with deer feet facing the sky...you know what I mean. By the way, I also use another call I invented for the big boys(No one else has it that I know of). Shot most of my biggest deer using this revolutionary call...deadly and effective!

Good job Joe, keep those pics coming.

Just me,
Lv2hunt

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome