Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - fallin of the wagon
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 04:13 PM
B&C 180 Class

What I meant by “I am a sinner because my name is not Jesus Christ” is that I am not His equal. I am in no way perfect like he was. God made Him perfect because God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one. Jesus was God in human form. The holy spirit is something that lives inside me because I have faith that He is my savior and my Lord (John 14:16-17). He is my strength and He is my protector. God gave all humans one simple thing that has caused all of us to be sinners and that one thing is free will. He gave us the ability to believe what we want to believe. He gave us the ability to act how we want and to do what we want, when we want to do it. He’s not a puppeteer nor are we puppets of His. He wants us to choose Him as the center of our lives. To acknowledge and believe that He sent His only Son to die on the cross for our sins- which in turn wipes all sin away- as long as we are saved and we repent. To just acknowledge that God is God and never to worship Him, in my beliefs, is not enough. God wants us to have a close and personal relationship with Him. He wants us to come to Him and to seek Him. Ever since I have established a secure relationship with Him, He speaks to me and guides and directs me. Do I screw up from time to time? Sure. Am I perfect? Heck no- because I’m not Jesus.

Secondly, to say that I am religious is not 100% accurate. I am a Christian- which means I follow God and only God. It also means that I believe there is only one God. If that wasn’t a belief of mine, then I would not be a Christian. Are there Christians out there that are not obedient to God? Sure there are. God loves all people the same. He loves you just as much as he loves me. He loves people who are atheists just as much as He does me. His love for us is unconditional- it is Agape. BUT, the fact still remains that He gave us free will to choose Him or turn from Him. That doesn’t change His love for us. To say that I am religious tends to lead people to think that I believe there’s a God and that’s it. To me, that is not enough. I am more than just a person who believes in God. I am His child. I am His follower and His witness. I have a relationship with Him. My job as a Christian is to worship Him with all my love and energy and to help lead others to Him.

I do not, in any way, mean to say your gods are not important. That would be very disrespectful and hurtful and I am not trying to do that at all. I agree with you that people can live their lives and be happy and not be a Christian- but sadly, when they die, that’s the end of that. I have chosen to follow God here on earth so that I may go to heaven and be with my creator forever. I choose to follow God because when I die, my TRUE life begins! I do not fear death, does it scare me? Occasionally yes, but I know where I’m going when I die. I’m going to my creator. I’m going to the creator of this old earth, the heavens, the skies, the oceans, the mountains, the fish in the waters and the animals on the earth and sky, and most importantly the creator of mankind. This body of mine will be renewed and I will live an eternity in heaven – which makes these short years here on earth almost meaningless when compared to the time I’ll get to spend in heaven. But God gave us a purpose to be here on earth,,, it’s not meaningless, it’s to win others to His name.

The reason I “give a darn” about what you believe is because I want to see you in heaven someday. I want you to experience the overwhelming joy and love that I have in my life for Christ- but I can guarantee you, you have not experienced Christ's joy in its fullness until He is the center of your life.

I hope these verses help you understand what I believe:
Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God;
1 Corinthians 8:6 Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
James 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!
John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Last edited by tator; 07-20-2013 at 04:21 PM.