Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - fallin of the wagon
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 01:09 AM
B&C 180 Class

Good points scorpion. I see your side. I choose to attend church mainly because it gives me a chance to be in close fellowship and worship with my church family. I don't go to church to satisfy myself, but to worship God. I do agree that worship can take place anywhere and at anytime. But when I don't go to church for any period of time I personally feel empty. The church is God's house. I look at it like this, if I had a close (and I mean really, really close) friend who lived only 5-10 miles away would I constantly just call him/her on the phone, or would I go visit them regularly? I think you know my choice.
As HM said, to each his own. Church is not the only place I go to worship God or to pray. Going to church is one of my many opportunities to express publicly my love for Jesus Christ and God my Father. In my life, I need that. I need to have people around me who hold me accountable for my life and actions. Just as I depend on my family I depend on my church family. I love them just the same. I do have to admit, there is a big difference in going to church and being connected within the church. There are many people in my church who attend but they are not plugged in. That's their choice. Is it right or wrong? I don't know. That's not for me to judge.

I like this conversation... any comments? Just so you all know, I pray *almost* daily for everyone on here. God bless!