Deer Hunting Forums banner

rain

6K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
Holly cow if it doesn't stop raining I'm going to look up the plans for an ark. Another 1" or so today and forcasted through Tuesday. Farm fields are flooded and roads are being closed due to flooding. I mowed my grass between rain showers, had to.

#3 ·
every day here also.but for us its just that time of the year. we really need it with the lakes down and sink holes forming you know the aquafur is low. would be nice to have a few dry days though.

#4 ·
We've had a dry spell here in North Central MO. We had rain about 3 nights ago, but it only amounted to about 1/10". It's been dry ever since. We went through a wet spell last month and had all the rain we could want- so I know your pain!

#5 · (Edited)
Getting hit hard here also Yesterday was the first day in a week or more where we didint have rain & looks like it will be raining more the everyday till wed here city of Lebanon NH where I work got hit hard washouts everywhere & couple roads are completely gone one road looks like a dried up riverbed that is about 40' wide 15'-20' deep
at the bottom of the hill is a pile of Culverts, Mud & Rocks

#11 ·
We get 120+/- inches of rain a year here, so rains like that are nothing unusual. Lots of people (on the cruise ships) don't realize that the National Forest here is a temperate rain forest. Ketchikan AK gets 220+/- inches of rain just south of us. The key is having the ability to deal with all the water. We have very little soil to hold it, but a huge network of streams and gulleys to handle the runoff. And not a lot of asphalt parking lots like the Outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.