Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - fallin of the wagon
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 11:32 PM
B&C 180 Class

Hellbilly... I want to caution you with all due respect. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or try to talk down to you, but I want to caution you. When my wife and I got married, we moved to a town that was around an hour away from our home town. We went to 2-3 different churches and never felt "at home". While we went through that time, we didn't realize it, but we slowly stopped going regularly. Now that I look back on it, I realize we didn't put any effort into it. We didn't try to establish relationships with anyone and we didn't join any church groups (like sunday school classes, or any other worship services). We now live back in our home town and we regularly go to church and we are very much involved. We sometimes call our church our second family. The thing I have learned is that sometimes you may think you don't "need" to have relationships within your church, but there are people within your church who need you. They need you to be their friend and their "family". It's when you start relying on people in the Lord that you realize you need them too. It's an accountability thing. That's one of the big aspects of going to church that many people don't realize. They think they don't ever have to be "involved" in the church, but the truth is, God wants you to be involved. God wants you to be part of His church family. Not just for YOU, but for the people in the church who may need you in their life.
My point is this,,,, don't get complacent with not going to church. I realize sometimes the pastor and/or the congregation is not what you are looking for, I understand that, but I firmly believe the solution to your problem should not be just not going. I encourage you to find a place of worship and TRY to make it work. The truth is, ALL churches have their flaws,, after all we are human-- even the pastor. The most important thing to keep in mind is to find a church where the pastor preaches the BIBLE, and nothing else.
I grew up with a pastor that, to me, just didn't fit my needs. I didn't "get" his sermons and he was really long-winded. I was bored. It wasn't until I was around 19 or 20 and it started clicking. This man was a BIBLE preaching pastor. He spoke the truth. His sermons DID make sense, it's just that I never gave him the chance. I never gave him my full attention.

Good luck to you and your family. I too go to church with my family and extended family and it would be hard for me as well if they stopped going. I would definately feel tempted to not go as much. BUT then I'd be letting my church family down. This all goes back to the accountability thing I spoke of earlier.

Let me know how this turns out for you all,,, I'll be praying for you and your family