Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - What was I thinking
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
well after destroying the FMJ bolts last year I thought I'd cut cost a bit, I don't want to cut quality. I did shoot the Black Eagle bolts and they shoot fine. I did learn that 1/2 moon nocks and flat nocks do not shoot to the same spot. The Excalibur requires flat nocks and my learning curve is a bit slow these days so flat nocks it is. I also thought the FMJ dent rather easily. I lost every bolt that I hit deer with last year. I was hoping that in a complete pass through the bolt may be cleaned and used again?? I still have time to decide on what I'll shoot this year but probably won't be the FMJ's. Look up Black Eagle products and let me what you think.
about the nocks. use what your xbow manuf. says to in the owners book. some xbows that use the halfmoon the string will jump over on a flat nock. this could be bad in many ways. I use the cx carbon express carbon arrows. and wont change. I tried other carbon express arrows that cost 2Xs the $$ and also tried a few other brands and they cost me a few nice deer. I have also learned that the 4"-5" fletchings fly the best. I tried the 2" and very unstable. Im takeing my xbow to the shop and having new string and cables installed