Deer Hunting Forums banner

House fire

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
Was up most of last night, first because of the severe storms then two of my neighbor's homes burned. Nobody was hurt in either home but what a mess. My home which is about 100 yds away smells like smoke also. This is the first time I can remember of a house fire in my neighborhood. Looks like a total loss.

#6 ·
My wife's cousin's son and his wife live in Colorado and they have evacuated their house outside of Colorado Springs. Looks like the fire is going to take it all. BTW- they are pregnant with twins... they could really use everyone's prayers.

#7 ·
Prayers sent Tator & HM Glad to hear everyone is Ok
never had a fire (even a small one ) at my house but 21 years of firefighting I saw a lot & nothing makes you feel so sad as seeing the pain on peoples faces that have gone threw that Just keep telling them it could be worse & thankfully nobody was hurt

#8 ·
Boy you weren't kidding HM-what a mess is right!! That's a shame, I don't think anything is worse than fire in a home, they claim they can get the smoke smell out, but I don't think so. Hope your wife's cousin has better luck Tator. The young lady who is the bar manager at our VFW just lost her home to fire also about a month ago. Big custom A-Frame house, mostly cedar, went up like fuel burning. Total loss for her and her family, they lost EVERYTHING. Anyone who has had to endure this has my sympathies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.