Deer Hunting Forums banner

Chainsaw problems

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  burgerking 
#1 ·
Hey im havin problems with my husquvarna 55 chainsaw. Anybody on here that knows a thing or two about them? Its a doozy of a saw, i run it year round on my granpas farm and know quite a bit about them. Just cant figure this one out. Let me know if anyone would be willing to help!thanks

#5 ·
it fires up first pull, runs great, you can go through a log about 6 or 7 times and then it bogs down when you try to cut anymore. It will idle, but wont rev up. Ive cleaned everything, carb and all. Its the weirdest thing i have ever seen. Its like it gets heated up or whatever then does it.

#4 ·
my dads got a stihl chainsaw and that little thing will saw some logs! iv got a Mccullough thats biger than his stihl but his still runs and cuts better.

I saw something about this chainsaw that stihl built for firefighters. it had basicly the bigest motor they make on the shortest bar. The pull handle is like 5 inches so they can grab it with those big gloves. and the chain is full carbide instead of carbide tiped, it can cut thu conduit, nails, wires, pipe whatever, and doesnt dull or break like a regular blade. now thats a chainsaw that means buisnes!

#8 ·
Great Post Timber. If You Do Not Run The Correct Ratio It Will Not Run Correctly And The Husqavarnas Are Fine Tuned Machines And You May Be Mixing A 32:1 When You Need Like A 50:1 For It To Run Like It Can. Lowes Sells Husq. 2-cycle Oil The Is The Correct Ratio.

#10 ·
what works better than vacuming is using an air compressor with an air blower. done that billions of times to extend the life out of air filters on cars, trucks, lawn mowers, whatever! just be sure to blow the dust out of it backwards. not a bad idea to do any time you so a service check/tune up on your chainsaws, weedeaters, lawn mowers, ect.

#11 ·
Sounds to me like it's time for a New Spark Plug.
Your chain saw sounds like it's having an overheating problem which to me indicates a bad Spark plug.
Here's a link to Check out the technical workings of a Spark plug... GOOD LUCK ..

NGK Spark Plug Tech Support

#13 ·
Sounds to me like it's time for a New Spark Plug.
Your chain saw sounds like it's having an overheating problem which to me indicates a bad Spark plug.
Here's a link to Check out the technical workings of a Spark plug... GOOD LUCK ..

NGK Spark Plug Tech Support
im pickin one up tomorrow. Ill let you know..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.