Deer Hunting Forums banner

new knife project

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BruceBruce1959 
#1 ·
Started a new knife project. I haven't done anything since last fall. This one has a front of california buckeye burl and the rest of the handle of high grade hybrid royal walnut. I hope when I get several coats of tru oil on the star bursts will come alive. If I can get this stupid camera to take a decent photo I'll post something soon. Nothing like a change in the weather to get me out to the garage again. I have one more blade to do something with.....

#3 ·
both knives that I'm working on. Hope to get some finish on them tonight???? Takes a lot of buffing to get the unwanted marks off them. The buckeye burl comes with eyes sometimes so you get some areas that are open, hopefully they add rather than detract from the appearance. Anyway it keeps me busy at home and settles the mind from job stress. :wacko: One of these will go to my hunting buddy in Michigan the other into my collection as these are simply hunter quality and maybe be passed down through the families.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.