Deer Hunting Forums banner

good deed

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  daddus1 
#1 ·
My wife told me the other day about one of her co workers that is raising her own kids along with her dead brothers kids. The brothers boy has heart problems and a blood disorder.anyway befor his dad died he bought him a 3D deer target and was gonna teach him to bow hunt. Telling me how she works 2 jobs trying to keep things togeather and such. The boys Bday was thur. and all he wanted was a bow.They could not afford to get him one.He also shoots everyday with a fiberglass rod with a string tied to it. So today I sent a text to a friend on a hunting forum.He is one of the guys that works for tinks and hunts for a living. Anyway to make a long story short.after several emails he calls me.A boy company stopped production when there owner heard about this and started a custom build and will be working overtime tonite to have it ready for them to drive it to tampa to my friend.then I will meet him on sunday to pick up bow and take it to the boy on monday

#2 ·
very touching story kind of gets a man all teary eyed and puts a lump in the throat for sure.
God Bless the folks who are donating the Bow and God Bless the family too and God Bless you too HellBilly for making it happen.... :thumbup:

#12 ·
seems lately Ive been able to do a few things for others,But cant seem to get my things going. Its been kinda funny. First my step dad in NC told me how he was getting jerked around on getting a medical device "oxygen concentrator". So I looked on line and they sell for thousands of $$. Well next thing I know I come across one almost new for $125. Dont know were I came up with a extra $125,but I did and hes got it and doing better. Then the bow thing happened.Wonder whats next?

#9 ·
OK, today was the day. He was so shocked he didnt say hardly anything except a bunch of smiles. Later on his mom called and said he hasnt shut up about the bow yet.Wouldnt let anybody else hold it. Stopped up a jerrys Archery on the way up and seen Shane. He gave a drop away rest and installed the loop. He also said for the young guy to bring it to him when ready to get it set up and he would me more than glad to help him out. Lots of great people out there willing to help out a young guy.

Attachments

#13 ·
HB,
As long as you are willing God is willing. When doing God's bidding He may just cross your eyes! Just remember Jesus paid the price but we get to keep the "change!"
By the way a follower is a believer that actually does something besides believe.
daddus
Keep going , you can be a blessing to so many!
BIBLE basic instruction before leaving earth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.