Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - 22 cal
Thread: 22 cal
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 AM

Personally, I wouldn't say the Mossberg 715T in .22 cal. is junk considering it's only a .22
it isn't a very expensive rifle, a buddy of mine just got one brand new for $270.00 (MSRP $298.00) I haven't fired it yet but he has and says it's a fun shooter and pretty accurate for an inexpensive rifle.
The way I see it is like this, if a person is buying a .22 it's more than likely just for the ability to be able to shoot often without breaking the bank and while the Mossberg 715T does have a lot of plastic parts (For appearance purposes)
it isn't like Mossberg is trying to gouge the shooters that enjoy shooting tactical style/looking rifles by over-pricing it, not to mention I think the plastic parts can handle the recoil from the .22 cal.
I guess I'm just a practical guy when it comes to .22 rifles, I don't see a need to spend a lot of money on one.
just for the fun of it I looked to see what I could get one of the Mossberg's for through my dealer, it would be 241.99 plus tax/shipping/transfer fee's. I don't think that's a bad price at all....
Good luck on whichever one you choose HM...