Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - 22 cal
Thread: 22 cal
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 AM

Default 22 cal

I went yesterday to Bass Pro to buy a new Mossberg 22 that looks like a camo'ed out AR. I can't remember the model but the cost was $329.99. I wanted a 22 plinker and thought it would be kinda cool. The young staffer told me he thought it was a total piece of junk and said to up grade to a SW, or Colt, or Ruger even though they didn't have a couple of the models in stock so he wasn't trying to get me to buy a higher price model. Has anyone bought one of these AR 22 cal models and what do you think of them. Also, I watched guys line up to purchase every box of ammo that had come in the night before. They are limiting ammo purchasing to 5-50 round boxes of 22 cal. I bought the last 4 in stock and that was at 10:00am. Our Gander Mountain is just now converting their store to a fully stocked firearms mega store. They use to be a general store, fishing, camping, hunting, clothing ect. The new layout is pretty impressive with every wall lined with firearms and large amounts of ammo on it's way. My kind of store. With Cabela's, Bass Pro and now Gander Mountain the Toledo area is a buyers market.