Deer Hunting Forums banner

Rain Gear

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
Fellas i use Rivers West and like it but its extemely hot.Looking for lightweight outfit for archery just wondering if anybody has some suggestions?

#3 ·
It's hard staying dry on rainy days, I have yet to find anything that makes a wet hunting day more comfortable...
my solution to rainy days is to just stay home and hunt when the rain stops but this practice is only since I've gotten older. :coffee:

#8 ·
Any rain gear gear usually turns into a sauna for me. But I have had some better relief with Gore Tex brands...My workboots were always Gore Tex but for some reason I bought a plain old "waterproof" pair and my feet sweat and bake in them. With Gore Tex I always had a breathable feeling.

#9 ·
Last year I bought a pant and jacket combo from Cabelas for the same reason, something lightweight and waterproof that I could use for both spring turkey and early bow season. I like it ok, got rained on once pretty hard and it didn't leak. They call it A.G.O. 2 piece rain suit. I see now this outfit is $120, last year only $100, and I caught it on a big sale for like $60, otherwise I would not have bought it. I've had good luck with Cabelas hunting clothes over a lot of years but they are too high priced for me anymore, only go there when there is a good sale of some kind. What I can say about buying hunting clothes from them is I had a cold weather Dry Plus and Thinsulate Revolution Fleece jacket that started leaking after 4 years of use(found my receipt) and they gave me $72 credit towards a new one-I paid $115 originally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.