Deer Hunting Forums banner

Trying to find an old gun...

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Scorpion8 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy an old Savage 99 chambered in .250 for my father in law. He has always wanted one of these, but has never been able to get one. I would love to purchase one for him, but can't find one...anyone here know of a good resource for finding these old guns??

#3 ·
I would look online...

Try going to gunbroker.com and enter Savage 99 250. I found several for sale in varying conditions. Most purchesses will need to go through a dealer in your area. I have not bought anything online from one of the sellers maybe another Member can offer you some first hand advise.

Karl

#4 ·
Try going to gunbroker.com and enter Savage 99 250. I found several for sale in varying conditions. Most purchesses will need to go through a dealer in your area. I have not bought anything online from one of the sellers maybe another Member can offer you some first hand advise.

Karl
Have done many deals on gunbroker. main thing is to look at pics real good and ask for more if you need diff. angles etc. also check the sellers selling profile and feedback,there or some douch bags,but most or good guys.never had a problem.also remember you will be paying shipping,ffl fees and call in just like from a store. also the ffl you have it sent to make sure they or a reputable place. dont know your area,but around here $25 is average ffl fees

#5 ·
Here is some shots of my Savage 99 in 250-3000. It's a 1948 or 49 EG model. Hard to find these in this condition at any price. It does need the rotary mag tension spring rewound some but otherwise prestine condition. It can be bought. The scope is a brand new Pentax 4x12x40. I have the rear sight for it but had to remove it to put the scope on.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.