Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Hand held GPS
Thread: Hand held GPS
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:15 AM

The Rino's are nice because they are a radio / GPS but they are not cheap & eat up batteries. I have always Liked Garmin More user friendly then the Magellin's unless Magellin changed their format
& REMEMBER the more functions it has the more of a pain they are to use
I now just use an Etrex HC nothing fancy I just use it for the basics mark spots & get me back out of the woods when uh I mean IF I get lost
I would recommend if you hunt different states or areas far away from each other to look at one that will take a memory card (this is where I messed up) we hunt NH & NY & I downloaded a free topo map of my home area but onboard memory was full so I could not add a topo of NY
with the memory card you can save all your waypoints & maps for each area you hunt

with all that said if you are looking for a fairly basic GPS with color screen & will take a memory card I would look at the Garmin Etrex 20 or look at a used Garmin Etrex HCX (maybe able to still find one new)

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright