Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Hand held GPS
Thread: Hand held GPS
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:15 AM

The Rino's are nice because they are a radio / GPS but they are not cheap & eat up batteries. I have always Liked Garmin More user friendly then the Magellin's unless Magellin changed their format
& REMEMBER the more functions it has the more of a pain they are to use
I now just use an Etrex HC nothing fancy I just use it for the basics mark spots & get me back out of the woods when uh I mean IF I get lost
I would recommend if you hunt different states or areas far away from each other to look at one that will take a memory card (this is where I messed up) we hunt NH & NY & I downloaded a free topo map of my home area but onboard memory was full so I could not add a topo of NY
with the memory card you can save all your waypoints & maps for each area you hunt

with all that said if you are looking for a fairly basic GPS with color screen & will take a memory card I would look at the Garmin Etrex 20 or look at a used Garmin Etrex HCX (maybe able to still find one new)
Remember when posting what may seem innocent to you may not to others,
text shows NO emotions so please,,, don't take it personal & automatically go on the defense.
Take it w/ a grain of salt, take it as a joke or just let it go.

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright