Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - New hunter in PA
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
JohnRDnPA
Scrub Buck

Thank you for all of the warm welcomes... I plan to hunt deer to start, then maybe some turkey next year. My original plan was just to rifle hunt.. But my wife wanted a bow and wants to bow hunt. I picked up a Alpine Micro compound bow for her this week and will probably start the search for a good bow for myself now so I can join her. I haven't decided for sure though. I do have a couple of buddies from work that rifle and bow hunt. I may let one of them take her out for bow and see if I can tag along for rifle. For myself I picked up a Savage Axis 30.06 with scope and a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 for a sidearm.

As far as hunting gear, I've been watching clearance sales at walmart, dunhams and cabelas and picking up everything I can while it's cheaper to save every penny I can. I've got just about her full outfit, and pants, tshirt & long sleeve shirt for me. Still need jackets for both of us. Found all of the no scent stuff at walmart last night for $15 (deodorant, sprays, detergent, etc) I thought that was a decent deal. I got a blind for a fair deal off a Facebook sales page. I think (hope) other than finishing off our outfits, we should be good to go for this year?

Thanks again y'all

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome