Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - New hunter in PA
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Scrub Buck

Thank you for all of the warm welcomes... I plan to hunt deer to start, then maybe some turkey next year. My original plan was just to rifle hunt.. But my wife wanted a bow and wants to bow hunt. I picked up a Alpine Micro compound bow for her this week and will probably start the search for a good bow for myself now so I can join her. I haven't decided for sure though. I do have a couple of buddies from work that rifle and bow hunt. I may let one of them take her out for bow and see if I can tag along for rifle. For myself I picked up a Savage Axis 30.06 with scope and a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 for a sidearm.

As far as hunting gear, I've been watching clearance sales at walmart, dunhams and cabelas and picking up everything I can while it's cheaper to save every penny I can. I've got just about her full outfit, and pants, tshirt & long sleeve shirt for me. Still need jackets for both of us. Found all of the no scent stuff at walmart last night for $15 (deodorant, sprays, detergent, etc) I thought that was a decent deal. I got a blind for a fair deal off a Facebook sales page. I think (hope) other than finishing off our outfits, we should be good to go for this year?

Thanks again y'all