Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - thinking
Thread: thinking
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 AM

Default thinking

I've been wanting/thinking about trying to get a small piece of property for two primary purposes. First a post retirement place to go hang out and second to be able to hunt on or have good hunting in a short walk or drive. Last week my buddy in the UP of Michigan said he found a 12 ac property with a 4 year old 2 bedroom camp. Seems that the guy built it and stayed 1 weekend and hasn't been back. In fact he pays a local to clean it a few times throughout the year. The good thing is it sets smack center of the migration run for deer and has good roads in. The best thing is it has a good bit of river frontage, with nice trout populations. Also, it is surrounded by state land. I haven't got any pictures yet. Asking price 40K. I really wanted more property like 30-40 ac and then build a small camp. So right now waiting for more info and see. The property would be 9 hours from my home here in Ohio but in retirement time is of no concern. Any thoughts???? When I get pictures I'll post them.