Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Getting a New Traditions Pursuit Break Open
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 03:27 PM
B&C 180 Class

welcome to the world of muzzloaders.with it comes a big selection of extras.most new muzzle loaders dont need bore butter,i would pick a nice sabot bullet i prefer powerbelts.your going to need a t handle to push down the bullets and cleaning patches,your also gonna need a bullet starter.then you need to decide if you want loose powder or pellets i use pellets cuz i think its easier.lets see then you need a primer hopefully you got a 209 capable gun then you need speedy loaders for a follow up shot and finally you need patches and a cleaning solvent.good luck.i know its alot but it is a heck of alot of fun.Im sure i left something out and others will suggest different items
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky