Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Is Trophy Scoring Fair?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 10:30 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
Onehorse, If the hunters are paying to hunt on lands where the Deer are living freely without fences and NOT being fed, then yes I would say any one of those deer from those areas should be allowed, BUT for the life of me I don't know why anyone would pay to hunt Deer that way.
I agree with you on that, Bruce. I lean toward the idea that lots of guys just want to impress people with their so-called skills at hunting, so they pay folks to do most of the work. If they can afford it, so be it. It's legal, even if the ethics are questionable. And as for the Record Book, who cares anyway! The only people who look at that are the guys who put the stats in it. It's just too bad that so much of this is going on these days, that it results in lots of great hunting land being locked up by outfitters who are leasing. That just hurts the average hunter who may have a hard time finding a place to hunt. Anyway, next season I'll hold off shooting those little 15 inch 4x4s so I can show you what good genetics and food can produce in this part of the country ... without steroids, etc.