Deer Hunting Forums banner

Vacation

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
Just got back from a week in Florida. My nephew got hitched. Did a day fishing trip on the flats and intercoastal waters, catching a few fish. Weather was in the 70's and low 80's. Nice to get away from the Ohio cold.

#5 ·
When I lived in Bonita Springs, Florida I would often fish the Estero bay area, I would see SO MANY Dolphins I cant tell you how often I saw them, almost on a daily basis,
the Ostego Bay Foundation has a Dolphin Project on the Dolphins that live in Estero bay, Called Project Pod.
I even swam with them once BUT that isn't anything I'd recommend anyone trying, Wild Dolphins can be extremely dangerous.

Spiker if you folks would like to see some wild dolphins, take a drive over to the Estero bay area, chances are very good of seeing Wild Dolphins.

Google Maps <-the map shows a layout of the Bonita Beach/Ester Bay/ Ft.yers Beach area Direstions are easy south from Ft. Myers on 41, Right onto Bonita Beach Rd. keep going to Ft.Myers Beach. Lots of Bridge areas to stop at along the way to spot Dolphins, Hickory pass. Little Carlos pass, Big Carlos pass.... it's a nice scenic drive.

Google Maps

#8 ·
we were in the St Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa, and Treasure Island areas. Treasure Island is a kick back pretty quiet area, mostly old people like me!!! :lol: Water was pretty cold though. Condo even had an elevator in it, for the old people of course. Nice place to visit but prices are pretty up there for basics like food. Gas was just about the same as in Ohio 3.35/gal. Too much traffic for me to ever want to live there, both in cars and people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.