Deer Hunting Forums banner

Hunting toy

5K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
well I got a new toy (New To Me) I just picked up a 2001 Honda rancher 4x4 with a new 2000# winch, plow, new tires & rims needs some work but been to darn cold to work on it will post some pics when I can stand to be outside more then 5 seconds

#6 ·
well got it running last night thing is so smooth
now just have to modify the plow mount & do a service today & should be good to go
OTF I have a grader blade & york rake that I had on an old Bolens tractor that I use
I have seen the DR's in action & they are very nice but they cost more then I got the wheeler for

Tator what are you getting?

#8 ·
very nice machine still cant get used to the electric shift
keep trying to shift with my foot LOL
got a heck of a deal on it & thought I was going to have to sink a lot of cash into it but only cash I have in it so far is oil change stuff & a battery will need front axles at some point but that is not a big deal
& maybe a camo wrap by hunting season

#11 ·
Thanks HM
I have owned Suzuki, Honda & Yamaha & I have to agree you can't kill a honda well you have to try really hard anyway

#12 ·
Got me a 2005 ford f150. Couldn't pass up this deal. Talked the dealer down $2,500 from book price. VERY nice truck with not a scratch on it. An old sheriff owned it last. He was in his late 80's and kept the truck garaged at all times. My wife and I are very pleased with it- but now we're going to take the camper shell off and it's got one of those bed-rugs in it too that we're going to take off. We are going to have the bedliner sprayed in. It's got the 5.4 v8, triton. LOVE IT!

:yes:

Attachments

#15 ·
Congrats Tator Sorry to hear you settled on a Ford though LOL
Nice looking Truck Good luck with it
since the weather is nice next couple days I hope to finish up thw wheeler & get a pic of it

#19 ·
I wouldn't have a truck without a cap of some kind on it. never know when you might have to sleep in it. When 4 of us head out on a fishing/hunting trip my truck bed is packed full to the top and we don't have to pack stuff in garbage bags to protect from rain/snow. nice place for dogs to travel in too!

#20 ·
yeah, but i just don't need one. I thought long about keeping it, but would much rather spend the money I get off it on a spray-in bedliner.

Speaking of that, does anyone have a spray-in bedliner? If so, what brand, and how much did it cost you? I know Rhino is probably top of the line. But there is a business in the town I live in and their spray in liners are called Scorpion. ??? Just curious, any info on them would be great.

Just got the shell off last night and took out the bed rug too. Now it's my style of truck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.