Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Simpler Times
Thread: Simpler Times
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:21 PM
B&C 180 Class

haha- no no, I loved my childhood. We had 3 TV channels and the only one I watched was a local religious channel b/c they had the flintstones and jetsons on there. I had a best friend who lived down the road from me and we did everything together. We even built a basketball court in my parent's barn loft. Across the road from where we lived was an old rock quarry and we'd go over there and explore and had a blast. I can remember being gone all day long and mom and dad not minding- they knew I was safe. We'd play basketball early in the mornings and late in the evenings. Spent most of the day outside. Going to the pool was a priveldge we rarely got, so we'd hook up the hose in the backyard to this clown head and it would spray out water and you'd put his hat on his head and it'd shoot up his hat about 40 ft in the air!

I loved being a kid. I just hope my kids grow up like I did. I had parents who loved me and a brother and sister to play around with. I just enjoyed it.

I also notice something about our world today, and I'm guilty of it too. We are ALWAYS on the go. Always going here or there. Sometimes I tell my wife, let's just stay home today and do nothing (weekends of course). And we'll just play with the kids all day. No shopping or running around. Just staying home and relaxing. Those are the moments your kids are going to remember. Not going to McDonalds or chucky cheese or six flags,,, the home part. That's what I remember about my childhood.