Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Possible dangerous muzzleloader
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Banned

They test them at something like 40% over the max limit.

Over at my place I had a few guys from germany and CVA is fairly popular over there as well. When they buy them, they come into germany and MUST go to the proofing house where they stay for up to a month waiting to get tested. The proof house fires them 3 times i believe with charges 30% over max. CVA has their own testing facilities as well, they only test a # of their barrel batch, just like TC and Knight.

Many of us believed that BARREL PROOFING was a mandatory requirement but in my reading and investigating various sources I have found that PROOFING IS NOT A REQUIREMENT IN THE USA.

The UK and all C.I.P.member countries (USA and Switzerland are not CIP members) must follow the UK mandate that all small arms (except for those used by the military) must be proofed by an ACCREDITED PROOF HOUSE.

C.I.P = Commission Internationale Permanente pour l'Epreuve des Armes Feu Portatives (Permanent International Commission for Firearms Testing - commonly abbreviated as C.I.P.

In numerous sources it is stated that the USA does not have regulations or legislation requiring proofing of firearms and IT IS LEFT UP TO THE MANUFACTURER TO DETERMINE IF PROOFING IS NECESSARY.

Last edited by frontiergander; 12-05-2012 at 03:27 PM.