Deer Hunting Forums banner

Buyer Beware!

5K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
As GFD and I have stated on here before, please be aware of WILDGAME INNOVATIONS trail cameras. While 1 out of 10 of their cameras works GREAT, they are a company that is exhausting to deal with. They will send you replacement cameras no problem- sometimes they will even let you keep the broken one. But who wants to buy a camera put it in the field for a week, realize it's broke, ship it back, wait 2 weeks, put it back in the field for a week, realize this one's broken too, send it back, wait two weeks.... etc... ???

Well I was at MENARD's the other day- for those of you who don't know, Menard's is like a Home Depot or Lowe's- I believe they are a fairly new company??? Anyways, they have a small hunting/outdoors section and I saw this camera and about died. This camera is the IR4 that I had SOO much trouble with, but just with another companies brand and logo. THE SAME CAMERA! You don't see Moultrie's cameras with different logos or different company names on them... just be careful folks....

This company is called HUNTEN Outdoors. ????

If I had to guess..... and this is ONLY a guess..... I think I know what WILDGAME INNOVATIONS is doing with all the cameras that are being sent back to them....... (SEE BELOW)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
HAHA That is most certianly a wildgame innovations Camera

"But who wants to buy a camera put it in the field for a week, realize it's broke, ship it back, wait 2 weeks, put it back in the field for a week, realize this one's broken too, send it back, wait two weeks.... etc... ??? "

Now that is even funnier I don't think either of us had one last that long A WEEK LOL

#3 ·
I do still have ONE left that actually works o.k. over a food source or mineral lick. If you put it in a spot where deer are moving through, you won't have a single pic, but put it over a pile of corn and you'll get some good pics. It's an IR4 and I have to say, Wildgame got it right, ONE TIME for me! haha

#4 ·
have to sat Ive never had much of any problems. I have 2 that run year round in NC and they have been out there for 3 years now. Just checked them a few days ago and had over 1400 pics between them

#5 ·
All I can say is you are Lucky
I spent more money in shipping fees then I paid for both cameras I had
I now stick with Moultrie around the same price & no issues mine stay out year round too been in - temps to high 90's
the wgi cam's woudn't work in 60 degree temps

#6 ·
I did a little research that you guys may find interesting. There is 2 factories in China that produce wildlife cameras. Moultrie, Cuddeback, and Leupolds all come from the exact same factory. Wild game Innovations, Covert, Bushnell, and Recon comes from the other. Scott guard comes from Canada.

#8 ·
I don't doubt they come from the same factory but that does NOT mean they are made the same I can say that Moultrie, cuddyback, leupolds & WG all have different manufacturing specs IF WG has any
you can get a bad one from any company especially when companies outsource these factories will make anything & I would bet they make a ton of other stuff in the same one (computers, toys ect...) so don't think just because they are made under the same roof that all those cameras are the same THEY ARE NOT

#11 ·
Hellbilly glad they work for you all I can say is with all the trouble I have had with their stuff & a LOT of other people having troubles I will NOT be doing bussiness with them any time soon
Tator you didn't expect them to be made here in the USA did you LOL

#12 ·
As far as my research has shown the only cameras made in the good olé USA is the Reconyx stuff. I have went completely away from the commercial cameras. I have Jim at JTSWildlifeCameras.Com build all mine now. Had a problem with one of mine and sent it back to him. Fixed and returned in 9 days and a Visa Gift card with the amount of postage on it that it cost to return it to him. That is good as it gets service wise.

#13 ·
they look good But when you open the website & you see this
NOW OFFERING FINANCING THRU PAYPAL FOR YOUR JTS WILDLIFE CAMERA!!!!

It is out of my price range!!!!

#14 ·
I'm with you Dep, I can get 2 Moultrie M 80's for the price of one of the JTS cam's and the Moultries are like Timex watches, they just keep on tickin'. No offense to the JTS cam's , they look well made and the gentleman who makes them sounds like one heck of a guy, I would rather cover twice as much ground for about the same money. I've heard good and not so good as far as Moultrie's cust. ser., but I have a young friend whose cousin sent his 4 year old Moultrie cam back for repair, Moultrie told him they did not stock those particular parts anymore and sent him a brand new cam(don't know models, etc.) This was a year ago, don't know their policy on that now.

#15 ·
Hellbilly- those cams will work fine for up to a year. I've had alot of good pics come from my wgi cams.... just wait though. Eventually they will stop working. I have literally had over 10-15 cams from them that have malfunctioned. I will say this,,, they know their product breaks and they will ship you a new one out. But who wants to wait a week for a new cam in the middle of bow season? NO ONE. I want a cam that's going to work. If i'm going to pay $100+ for something I want it to work not just for a year.

GFD- honestly, no I didn't think they were made here- but everytime I did call them they sounded like the office was here in USA. They obviously have them build cheaply in china and then shipped over here.

#16 ·
Hellbilly- those cams will work fine for up to a year. I've had alot of good pics come from my wgi cams.... just wait though. Eventually they will stop working. I have literally had over 10-15 cams from them that have malfunctioned. I will say this,,, they know their product breaks and they will ship you a new one out. But who wants to wait a week for a new cam in the middle of bow season? NO ONE. I want a cam that's going to work. If i'm going to pay $100+ for something I want it to work not just for a year.

GFD- honestly, no I didn't think they were made here- but everytime I did call them they sounded like the office was here in USA. They obviously have them build cheaply in china and then shipped over here.
those 2 cams of mine have been on the same 2 trees year round for 3yrs. this coming bow season will be 4yrs. just change battries out every other month or so

#17 ·
Well you got two of the good ones then- i'm glad for you b/c that certainly wasn't the case with me. I have to admit though, they do take good pics when they work. I'm not knocking what they can do. I just got tired of the hassle. It literally became a cat and mouse game. I'd have a cam out for 2 weeks and go check it, no pics. take it home and realize the thing was broken. Send it back, wait 2 weeks, get a brand new one, same thing.

I literally got a BRAND NEW one from WGI that they sent to me, I took STILL in the package straight to the field, got out of the truck, took out my knife, opened the BRAND NEW cam, put BRAND NEW batteries in, and a BRAND NEW SD card,, and NOTHING. It would not turn on at all. Needless to say, I was very, very hot. That's when I was DONE. I called one last time (this was about my 10th cam from them) told them the story, they sent me a new one, and up on ebay it went. I do still have ONE WGI cam left that I use. Now, it's my diamond in the rough b/c it's about 4 years old and still takes decent pics. The trigger speed on the thing is absolutely HORRIBLE (i'm talking like 2+ seconds). So I only put it over corn or my mineral licks.

#18 ·
trigger speed is slow. not good on a trail. Need to be over a feeder or food plot. I also found it does better if I keep them further back than other cams due to trigger speed. I was very suprised with the distance it will pick up movement

#19 ·
Yeah, like I said, they take good pics. They do a good job over a food pile. I loved the fact they were so affordable, and I have to admit their customer service was top notch- it was great. I just hated the hassle. because it literally seemed like I was constantly having to ship one back to them and waiting for a new one. Plus, I didn't like the fact that I had to pay shipping each time.....

Good luck to you Hellbilly- I hope they work and keep on working for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.