Deer Hunting Forums banner

Hunting on Guam

45K views 53 replies 16 participants last post by  Thomas Ewing 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello. My name is Joe. I am from Guam. For all of you that have never heard of Guam, it is a small island in the Marianas(pacific).
I have been hunting since I was young probably around 10.
When you hear small island you don't think of deer but yes we have a species of deer here.
I beleive they are sanbar deer but some people call them Phillipine deer They can get pretty big. We also have wild pigs.
They were both introduced many many years ago. The jungles of Guam can be very dense.
Guams terrain consists of steep river ravines, swamps,tall grass(we call sword grass for a good reason)and mountains.
The method I use to call deer is called Bibek. Bibek is the sound that Guam's deer make.It is similar to a cow elk.
I consider myself to be a master at this. I find a good place to sit depending on wind and other things, and start bibek'ing.
This does not always work as all hunters know. But I have been pretty lucky with this method.Here are some pics of some of the bigger deer i've killed.

Hope you guys enjoy.

See less See more
#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
more pics

Hey guys. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure for most of you guys out there fishing and hunting go hand in hand. Well same for me. I do a lot of fishing mostly spearfishing. We get some pretty big fish around here and I have a bunch of shark stories but I will save that for another time. I know this is not a fishing forum but i'll post a couple of fish pics and more deer pics just to give you guys something to look at.

#15 ·
I couldn't help asking this even though it a shift off subject. I heard sworn testimony from a US Congressman that was worried about the Islnad of Guam Tipping over and sinking. Any fear of that happening with the thouse that live in Guam?

Very nice pictures and welcome to the forum.

#16 ·
Welcome to the club Joe, and your pictures are GREAT, I'm green with envy!! Those are really neat looking deer and the fish are awesome. That ground you hunt on looks really thick, I can only imagine how much that increases the difficulty factor. Do you do all your deer hunting from the ground or are you able to use some type of tree stand to get elevated??

#17 ·
Guam

Thanks guys.timetohunt yes I remember that statement. There is absolutely no possibility of Guam tipping over into the ocean. It was an ignorant statement that angered many of Guam's people. Guam is a great place with lots of wonderful people. Tom I have tried hunting from a tree but I prefer the ground.

#25 ·
season

Lol. Yes sir we do have a hunting season although Guam has no real changing of seasons compared to the U.S.Our seasons are rainy season and dry season. Our deer hunting season is from Oct thru March with a special hunt from July 1st to Sept 16th i think it is. Pigs can be hunted year round due to the overpopulation of those stinky animals. Just kidding . We have a lot of pigs runnin around here.Poaching is a big problem around here due to an understaffed game warden division.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.