Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - NY Bowhunt
Thread: NY Bowhunt
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:44 AM

thanks everyone
I was really not looking forward to hunting there as the weather was looking bad but was excited to just get out of town & relax
I almost blew this kill
walking to a spot a doe busted me she was 40 yards blowing & stomping
side stepped behind a tree grabbed my grunt call & she took off I grunted she didnt stop what I didn't see was the 6 other deer with her they all jumped over a revine I was disgusted at myself about 30 sec. later an 8 came from in front of me heading to the revine. I grunted at him & yup over the revine he went. I thought o well this spot is junk now took about 10 steps looked & had nothing but pricker bush thicket in front of be so I decided to go back to my regular spot behind me when I turned around one of the bucks were coming back from the revine nose to the ground & does not even see me (20 yards from me) I thought it was one of the young 4 pointers decided to take it anyway went behind a bush I drew he got to the opening I stopped him & let fly. piled up 40-50 yards from me
called in the crew. I was shocked at what just happened it took a few minutes before I even went to see that it was the 8 pointer
looking forward to hunting Hurricanes more often

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright