Deer Hunting Forums banner

Help

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
I was out I shot a buck 20-25 yards away. He instantly dropped he let out a grunt. He got back up and ran under the stand and into the woods. The arrow snapped off (3-4 inches) as he was running. There was blood 4 inches up the arrow. Went to look for it seen blood where I found arrow. Blood stopped couldnt find deer looked for 4 hours. Has this ever happened to anyone? Looked like a good shot maybe a little high.

#6 ·
I'm going to disagree a bit here. To me the very best shot is a broadside high in low out 3-4" behind the shoulder. This shot is a solid double lung fatal hit every time. Usually they don't go over 50 yds tops. You get a large target, low exit, with great blood trail, zero ruined meat. I never try for a heart shot as too many bad things can happen. This post is an archery post only not for gun hunters. The old saying even King Kong can't run without air is fact, deflate both lungs and you have a dead deer.

#7 ·
HM I have to agree I also never look for the heart shot I too like the double lung sometimes if you mess up still hit vitals like I did this year shot a little low & forward & just nicked the top of the heart but took out the main arteries to the pump
never ever want to wreck a nice big heart YUM YUM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.