Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Field Dressing a Deer
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 10:06 AM
B&C 100 Class

Tator: Thanks for your detailed thoughts. Here in the East (Connecticut) I'm thinking of Eastern Pennsylvania and VERY Northern Maine (where I hail from, above Caribou). The laws concerning hunting apparently vary from State to State, but I suppose some are common among all, as far as what you must do with your deer's gutts, etc..
What I was referring to, was knowing how to plan the trip time. Not how many times I go back to the same locations year after year.
I don't know if most experienced hunters would spend a day, two days, or three days, going out to the woods on any given trip.

Example: If I go (and I intend to) to Northern Maine for my first hunt, it's a day up there, and a day back (so there's two already). I will be accompanied by a long-time hunter and personal friend who knows the wilderness up there even better than I do, so my schedule will be somewhat determined by his availability. I'd think I'd want to set aside at least two days (one outing per day) for hunting deer. He'll know the migratory paths, the watering holes, the bedding areas, the feeding areas, and will most likely be able to show me deer to shoot as a result. That being the case, I'd imagine that I could get the deer meat I want, on the first day, but there are no guarantees I suppose.

-Soupy1957