Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Rut sign
Thread: Rut sign
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 AM
B&C 180 Class

To be honest with you, I haven't touched my wooded area this whole summer and fall. I tend to stay out of it as much as possible. I'm a believer that this area is a sanctuary and I ONLY hunt it with rifle once or twice. Plus, this wooded area I'm talking about is approx 35 acres and has a very deep creek that runs completely around it making it hard for deer to access it all times of the year. When it rains, the deer stay out of the woods b/c they know when the creek is up, they can't get out- which we're talking about at full capacity 8+feet deep and over 20+feet across. Typically though, the creek is low with less than a foot of water in most areas.

My biggest problem with hunting this wooded area is finding a good place to hunt. There is no way to get a tractor down there to brush hog or to "clean it up". It's very thick in the summer (you can easily get lost) and there are 1,000's of trees down there. sounds bad, but if the creek wasn't there, it's be a HEAVEN of a spot to hunt!