Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Am I pressuring the deer to much
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default Am I pressuring the deer to much

I have a plot of land that I hunt it is actually 2-80 acre tracts in a basic L shape. about 40 acres wooded the rest CRP fields. The deer bed up in the area and travel through pretty regularly, usually. This is my 3rd year hunting the property. I saw several but took none the firs year, Took 2 last year after getting out of the Trees and building a box blind on a crp field to catch them in travel. This year I cut a shooting lane across the tall grass 150 yds long and 30 yds wide and put a feeder (Corn) in the middle of the lane 75 yds from blind. My two sons got their first deer on the property and 2 weeks later I got my first Bow kill (I've shared those stories and pics in other forums here). The next few hunts the deer were always out of range for my Bow so I decided (on impulse) to move the feeder closer to the stand to bring them in. I got two shots at a group of four does and missed and after that I am seeing less deer that before 2 or three per unt as opposed to 7 or 8 and the last two hunts saw 0 and 1 deer respectively. The one ran from the back of my field to ther feeder sniffed the ground and left. I thought she may have been being chased she acted strange. but nothing else ever appeared. Question Am I hunting this small plot to often 9 hunts since Sept. 8 (3 deer taken 2 missed shots) should I move the feeder back out to 75 or 100 yds. I am thinkiing I may not hunt this ploat again until rifle season with my boys Nov. 28- Dec 9. I will include a layout pic of the land (note there is a stream that runs through the woods also so I think every thing the deer need is on this plot food,water, and cover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg field.jpg (77.6 KB, 9 views)