Deer Hunting Forums banner

season so far?

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
how is everyones season so far? I am seeing a to of deer this year had a few (quite a few) missed opportunities already had a 6 & a 4pointer come in the other night but stayed just out of bow range (60 Yards)
Just wondering how everyone else is making out?

#2 ·
So far I've dropped my bow out of the tree and the daughter spoiled a 5 x 5 taking the safety off the gun. We've saw a couple of nice bucks. Hubby had a nice doe under his stand but she looked up as he was reaching for his bow. She didn't spook so hopefully shell be back later.

#3 ·
Been a good Season As you can see in my post in the Lodge My two oldest sons both Harvested their first Deer in the early Youth Season here in KAnsa. One of them a real Nice 9 Pointer, the other a goo mature Doe. I have made one Bow Huntr saw three Does but the never came any closer than 80 yds. Good start to the year though 3 hunts and 2 deer in the freezer Ill take those precentages all day long.

#5 · (Edited)
WhoDat saw that & again congrats
well miseed one day since our season opened saw only one last night again no shot but having a blast so far I just love bow season here
KD sounds like my season so far

#6 ·
Last weekend was our season opener and it was a great weekend. I didn't kill one but I saw about 18 over three days out the stands. I had one good shot at a doe but passed because there where two bucks out about 50 yards and I was hoping they would come in, it they didn't . My brother and his son came out and hunted with me opening day. Brother got a nice doe hunting off the ground at one of the food plots and nephew hit a limb on a nice eight point. Lots of deer seen and one on the meat pole, it was wood weekend opener.

#8 ·
Gettin better all the time

I took my first Bow Kill on Sunday a decent 7 pointer. I hit him from 19 yds and he walked about 40 and expired. Ill pit some pictures up in a bit. This has already been the best Deer Season of my Life with Two of my sons getting their first and me getting this bow kill . An it's only a month old.!!!

#10 ·
I took my first Bow Kill on Sunday a decent 7 pointer. I hit him from 19 yds and he walked about 40 and expired. Ill pit some pictures up in a bit. This has already been the best Deer Season of my Life with Two of my sons getting their first and me getting this bow kill . An it's only a month old.!!!
Congratulations on that 7 pointer!! You're creating a lifetime of memories for you and your sons to cherish forever. Good Job. :thumbup:

#9 ·
WhoDat Congrats on the 7 Pointer
was another exciting but fustrating weekend deer everywhere but only a skipper wanted to die I passed on it
had a doe & buck coming in nice 6 pointer so I let the doe pass me at 30 yards waiting on the buck wich was 40 or so yards behind her. yup again just out of bow range he turns & into the thick he went. passes me at 55yards to thick to take a shot. kicking myself for not taking the Doe
I WAS trying to be more picky then I usually am but the gloves are off I am getting meat in the freezes then worry about being picky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.